Sand Trooper hand plates

K-Fett

There are really only two versions, the regular trapezoid plates and the "cheese grater" plates.

The mistake in thinking there were three could come from someone talking about the two versions of trap plates used for "hero" and "stunt" on the TKs in ANH, or from the fact there were cheese grater plates, trapezoid plates, and "snowtrooper" plates — across all 3 movies. But, in reality the TDs only had trapezoids and cheese graters. And the trapezoids were rubber — if you're going screen accurate. No one is sure what the cheese graters were made of I don't think.

Did you look at the CRL?

There are some pictures there.

thank you, I can see why they call'em cheese graters lol, the ones i'm looking for have studs on them, i've see them before jus don't know the name of them "barnacles" lol

Hi Ben,

I think I know which ones you are talking about. Those were fan made and since they don´t actually appear on any SW movie, you will probably only find references for those from the makers or owners. I don't have any pictures of them, and actually, have not seen them posted in the forum for some time now.

I just did a fast search on the web and could only find one picture. Hope this helps.

post-0-047020900 1290793147_thumb.jpg

Anyway, unless you are doing a free version of a TD, I would recommend going for the latex/rubber handplates... but, it is a matter of what you like better.

:D

Saludos.

i have this :

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

the two first pics are from the movie and the two last pics are mine, it's sratch built because i never seen a good replica of it.

mine is not perfect that's right but better what we can seen available, especially what Juan show, the spikes are not at the right place.