No love for SE sandtroopers?

sandtrooper

I've been looking through the material on here in relation to the black pauldron sandtroopers and can't find anything on the troopers seen in the ANH Special Edition. I'm interested in the backpack(s) they wore. Is this version not popular because they weren't in the original version of the film?

Yeah... that's pretty much it in a nutshell. B)

There have been loads of discussions among the command staff over the years about what place the SE trooper has in the MEPD, and it's been pretty much decided that it will never be a "deployable" option for the MEPD per se.

Of course we don't care if people do SE troopers. And, in fact, many of us would love to see a really well done one. But it's just not going to be a part of the deployment standards... so it's hard to find stuff about them.

There was (help me out here guys) a really good SE pack built not too long ago.

And you can also find lots of other "non-canon" (i.e. HWT) packs on here as well... just gotta comb through the forums — pack forums mainly.

Hope that helps man!

I think most of the people in the target age that grew up with the OT in it's unaltered form still remember the TD's as they were in the original film. Plus the SE version is only seen in 1 scene. Which I guess makes it cannon, but in terms of popularity / recognition, most people still refer to the original TD's.

I'd have to say though - if someone went to great lengths and reproduced everything (like ROTJ armor with the white trim, matching helmet, screen accurate weathering, drop boxes, the SE pack) I should think that deserves some kind of recognition.

• 3 weeks later...

Every once in a while this topic comes around...

I am actually really surprised to see the reply to my question over the Questions(dot)MEPD section. ;)

It seems that there IS people out there that actually like this SE TDs... Wonder why? LOL!!

Anyway, the most recently agreement when talking about them and deployment is very simple: If anyone wants to do it, we wont discourage him/her... and once it is done, we will discuss the deployment thing.

Who knows, maybe it can be done and have an SE TD deployed, but until someone actually builds one in the way they are supposed to be, I guess we will stay as we are...

Not the most popular TDs out there for sure.

I wonder if SE TDs went to the officer's bar after a long day at the dunes, would original ANH TDs would make fun of their muddy armors???

LOL...

Oh... and Han shot first!

Saludos.

• 1 month later...

Well I have to agree with not liking them now. Last night I was looking through some pics from the SE and I kept thinking they just look off compared to the originals, especially the helmets.

Guess MEPD has had a sobering effect on me after all. :lol:

Well I have to agree with not liking them now. Last night I was looking through some pics from the SE and I kept thinking they just look off compared to the originals, especially the helmets.

Guess MEPD has had a sobering effect on me after all. :lol:

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Only now you understand the full power of the filthy side!!!

;)

Saludos.

Bump.

I will donate a helmet to you Rolf to do in the SE style. I would love to see you do a build up.

Drop me your address buddy.

Joe

You are the man, thanks for your heart of gold my friend.

I can´t wait to get the screen used cast helmet home, and study him.

Hugs :)