Aluminum MG-34

Hello there fellow troopers,

I found this aluminum MG-34 for sale at a forum, would it be considered canon to use as a Sandtrooper or does it need to be modified? It weighs 6-7 kilos so I'm not sure if it would be too heavy for trooping, what do you think? The seller is asking approx. 450 dollars for it. Any thoughts on it?

post-3681-007526900 1289562478_thumb.jpg

This looks like the same replica MG-34 that my DLT-19 is based one, it's a nice and easy conversion to do, and the weight isn't too bad. You just need to be aware that it could damage your armour/children's heads if you're not careful when carrying it! :D

edit: Just realised that the gun in your picture does not have the bi-pod, you'd need to find one if you wanted screen-accuracy...

very cool find and with the right mods it would def be usable. the only issue I could see is that it may cause problems with your local law enforcement....if its demilitarized it would probably be ok but there would be no way of an officer knowing that. just be careful whatever you decide.

very cool find and with the right mods it would def be usable. the only issue I could see is that it may cause problems with your local law enforcement....if its demilitarized it would probably be ok but there would be no way of an officer knowing that. just be careful whatever you decide.

It's a replica cast in one piece so it has never been in any working order, but as you say Dirty Boy - an officer wouldn't know that. Has anyone of you had problems with the law while trooping? I guess it can be a bit intimidating having too realistic pieces, although we all strive for accuracy.

Just a noob question, but I'm new here: did they use both MG-34 and DLT-19 in the movie, or just DLT-19 (that is obviously based on the MG-34)?

This looks like the same replica MG-34 that my DLT-19 is based one, it's a nice and easy conversion to do, and the weight isn't too bad. You just need to be aware that it could damage your armour/children's heads if you're not careful when carrying it! :D

edit: Just realised that the gun in your picture does not have the bi-pod, you'd need to find one if you wanted screen-accuracy...

Cool HerraPerunaPaa, may I ask where you found a conversion kit, or did you mold the additional pieces yourself?

It's a replica cast in one piece so it has never been in any working order, but as you say Dirty Boy - an officer wouldn't know that. Has anyone of you had problems with the law while trooping? I guess it can be a bit intimidating having too realistic pieces, although we all strive for accuracy.

Just a noob question, but I'm new here: did they use both MG-34 and DLT-19 in the movie, or just DLT-19 (that is obviously based on the MG-34)?

Hey there Pickwick!

No worries on asking all kinds of questions, everyone here will be happy to help you out.

The MG34 is actually the submachine gun from the real world that was used to make the DLT-19 for star wars movies.

I mean, MG43 is the real name of a real machine gun.

DLT-19 is the name of a Star Wars blaster rifle.

So, in a way, both of them appear on screen. LOL...

Saludos

Just my 2 cents, but for about $50-75 less dollars, you could buy a new Hyperfirm DLT-19, already weathered, won't need any mods, VERY realistic looking, not too heavy for trooping, won't damage your armor or any kid's heads and won't get you stopped by the local PD.

Again, just my 2 cents. ;)

Just my 2 cents, but for about $50-75 less dollars, you could buy a new Hyperfirm DLT-19, already weathered, won't need any mods, VERY realistic looking, not too heavy for trooping, won't damage your armor or any kid's heads and won't get you stopped by the local PD.

Again, just my 2 cents. ;)

That would definately be a better option, but they don't ship those sweet hyperfirms overseas it seems. I am located in the northern wastes called Sweden. But I would so want one of those!

Cool HerraPerunaPaa, may I ask where you found a conversion kit, or did you mold the additional pieces yourself?

Am fortunate enough to own a metal-working lathe and vac-former, so it was a nice and easy job to tweak it.

Spun up the conical detail on the lathe and made a plastic cover for the ammo 'port' (I gave up trying to fold a neat metal cover after the fifth attempt!) The T-track I found on flea-bay...

That would definately be a better option, but they don't ship those sweet hyperfirms overseas it seems. I am located in the northern wastes called Sweden. But I would so want one of those!

Understood Viktor. Sounds like you may have to go the route you are looking into.

By the way, check out Blastech.com for T-track.