leather MP40 pouches on ebay right now

This is really for the guys who want to collect pouches. You want a canvas MP40 pouch for the shoulder pouch. They can be found all over ebay. Most are from China or India. You want a green set then you will blacken it up with the weathering. They come in a set of two pouches but you will only need the pouch with the extra little pocket.

Hi,

I'm trying to put together a sandtrooper outfit now and join the 501st. How accurate are these and is this a decent price?

Thx

Hey Mike... Welcome to the MEPD.

As Woody already said, this is more intended for those collecting all kind of TD pouches, or troopers wanting this specific pouch. You must know that till today, it has not been yet demonstrated without a doubt that this kind of pouch was in ANH. But it is a nice pouch anyway.

I would suggest you the same you have already been advices, get a canvas mp38/40 pouch. Popular choices are the afrika korps ones in khaki or the ones in olive or even dark green. It is believe by many that the one you can see on the Move Along Trooper is not black but dark green.

I personally got mine from here:

http://www.ima-usa.com/product_info.php/products_id/325

Not the best most accurate, but they are actually pretty good and a very affordable price.

There might be other options out there, its a matter of shopping around and being a little lucky.

If you have any questions regarding this or anything else, don't hesitate to ask.

Enjoy and have fun here!!

Saludos

I actually had a set of these when i was first starting out. with some modifications they are a decent buy. As far as accuracy they lack the on screen type of look that most of us are shooting for. I think they personally look more in line with the "sideshow' sandtrooper...it really just breaks down to how much you can afford to spend and how far you are planning on taking your gear.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Jared, sorry for the late reply. Somehow I missed this thread for a couple of weeks.

Anyway, I hope this will still be usefull:

what about these? leather mp40 pouches.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

This ones seem to be the same case as the ones already posted in this thread.

They can be made to look fine and so, but they do lack the accuracy most of us go for.

They are for sure nice pouches and are alright for 501st standards and could even be made to feet MEPD deployment standrads too. They are just not accurate.

and this one for shoulder?

http://cgi.ebay.com/...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

This one is the kind most of us choose for the canvas shoulder pouch. It will just need a small modification to reposition the small pouch in the correct way, painting or dying it black/dark green and aging and weathering. The prices is not too bad. You could fins cheaper ones sometimes, and you can definitely find more expensive ones.

In this particular model, there are a couple of stitching lines that are not accurate on the part connecting each flap to the strap. Not a big deal unless you want to go ubber accurate.

:D

Hope it helps.

Saludos