Is this pouch useable?

since the real pouches are hard to find it seems like most guys do use these type of pouches. Here is a link to one already black and with some wear to it and $10 shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/FRENCH-BLACK-LEATHER-LARGE-AMMO-RADIO-TOOL-POUCH-EACH-/120642339299?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c16d801e3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On the belt, yes. I am using 2 right now. Good for 501st, but probably not for deployment unless you can find an example who is using 2 on the belt. Lots have 1 on the belt.

Yes,

I am sure it is no problem for 501st standards and even maybe for MEPD deployment if you can justify using it, meaning showing some reference. I think this would be fine with some mods to the strap, and you could use it instead of the large (or medium) spanish pouch. But only for the belt. You would also just need to dye or paint them black, but that you already know. ;)

Thats for deployment, for the MEPD SWAT Team, well, that might be another story.

Unless Zac, Noel or Rick say the opposite, I think with the suggested mods, those could work no problem for deployment.

:D

Saludos

Posted Image

Did I just spill the soup?

Boss!!!

Help me!!!

LOL!!

It is a project we have been working for a while... to make a new status besides the Deployed status, for those willing to go ubber accurate.

I didn't realize I was replying outside the TD only forum.

Anyway, it is not like it is top secret.

We have just been working on that for some time and although we are close, we are not ready to make it live.

So far I can tell you we are working ******* it, and have lots of input from well respected members of the community and also from deployed and non deployed TDs here.

We are very excited, but we must be patient.

Oh!! Did I mention it will ROCK!!!

Saludos.

Wait another second...is there a "TD only" forum? How did I miss that, too?

Man...I got to get out more!

I was hoping the SWAT team would be more like the MEPD COPs, where we could carry sidearms and binders and other things that we imagine TD police would carry instead of more screen-accurate.

Kind of like the post asking what non-cannon mods people have.

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=4948&hl=non-cannon&st=0

Wait another second...is there a "TD only" forum? How did I miss that, too?

Man...I got to get out more!

LOL!!!

There are lots of stuff going on here huh?

Besides the Forums that you can see as a recruit, there are also a few others, e.g. the 501st only section for 501st registered members only, and the TDs section for 501st members with a TD id, but with your current status, you are not able to see them listed on the forum main index.

Stuff you see there is basically the same stuff you can see as a recruit, but we also discuss some stuff about 501st stuff as elections, and official events as Celebration (given the case). Whenever you are cleared as a 501st member and as a 501st TD, you can request access to those sections of the MEPD.

This structure is replicated pretty much in every forum and chapter of the 501st.

Soooooo! There you are, another reason to get your TD and get deployed!

Saludos

Hey guys... first off, FryGuy, you should be able to now see the sandtrooper only area. You never requested clearance (I'm presuming) so we never gave it. :P

Second... yes, SWAT is coming, and no Juan... you didn't spill the beans. I've actually mentioned it on a facebook photo of sandtroopers recently as well.

Greg, you can go read about it now if you want... but for everyone else, it's going to be an "extra-canon" designation for people who can say, "I have all the snaps and rivets in the right places." We're not going so far as to look at how the innards (i.e. strapping and hooks) are actually done, but if the outside looks like it did on screen... that's what we're going for.

The "MEPD Patrols" — again, a sandtrooper only area — are more what you're thinking of Greg. It's the groups of guys either canon or not who troop together for fun and you can show off your group (like the Red Rain group) or individual uniqueness there too.

There is so much that goes on "behind the scenes" here in the forum... not only in the TD only area — which I'm happy to have you a part of now Greg! haha — but in the Command Staff area too. We have a LOT planned and going on and coming to fruition to make the MEPD better and better and more and more fun as well. The SWAT, for example, was talked about for a long time before we ever posted it on the TD only area. As was "patrols".

Anyway... there you have it. B)

Oh, snap!

I guess I gotta get on that. I already have 501st approved IC, TI, and TD uniforms!

Who do I need to contact to get full access?

Actually, you already have access to both TDs and 501st sections.

If you cant see them, let me know...

I think it was me that didn't noticed that... sorry for the confusion.

Anyway, here are the links just in case:

501st only:

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showforum=19

TD only:

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showforum=40

TD Patrols:

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showforum=42

Sorry, and hope this clears it out.

Saludos

OH!

Now I understand... LOL.

You didn't have access but when I checked you did have cause Noel gave it to you in the meantime...

Thx a lot boss!!!

And yes! There is room for lots of things and crazy weapons and mods to your TD with the new TD Patrols area. Check it out! Im sure you will like it!!

For example, me and some TDs in Mexican Garrison have lots of extra pouches and holsters similar to what we can see on the IMPS the relentless trailer, so If we ever use them again, thats where we would be posting.

So many things going on here at the moment it makes this a very very exciting moment to be a TD!!!

And a great stuff is still to come!!

Saludos

Soooo, First thing is to get my gear together and get 501st approved (overall and garrison), once I do that I can see the 501st only pages, then get my gear more together and apply for deployment (then I can get the TD/MEPD access), then if I can get my gear together UBERACCURATE, I can go for MEPD SWAT......OR.....if I choose to persue non-canon I can go MEPD Patrols? That pretty much cover it?

Soooo, First thing is to get my gear together and get 501st approved (overall and garrison), once I do that I can see the 501st only pages, then get my gear more together and apply for deployment (then I can get the TD/MEPD access), then if I can get my gear together UBERACCURATE, I can go for MEPD SWAT......OR.....if I choose to persue non-canon I can go MEPD Patrols? That pretty much cover it?

Pretty close.

But, actually you get sandtrooper access as soon as you're 501st. You don't have to be deployed for that. In fact there are no areas on the forum that are deployed only... nor will there be any that are SWAT only. That stuff is just icing on the armor cake, but if you're a sandtrooper in the 501st — even *gulp* an "SE" trooper should you so choose — you're a sandtrooper and you get access. B)

So, Noel... I do have one question...

If someone has 501st permits with lets say, a TK, do they also have access to the TD only section. Or does that comes for all 501st members equal???

I have never been in these forum and not a TD, so I honestly don't know.

Posted Image

Saludos.