Military Antiques Markets in Europe?

I just remembered that there is a huge market in Warsaw, Poland, where original and replica stuff from WWII and the Russian occupation era is sold. The Russian Market it is called.

There I saw many many stuff like medals, pouches, hats, insignias, uniforms and more. Mostly Russian and German, mostly replicas and crap, but... I remember that ppl told me that you could pretty much find anything from a lapel pin to a missile there, if you knew who to ask...

Sooooooooo, the question is, is there any other similar markets like that one somewhere in Europe?

Probably not in Germany, but in other countries?

Cause maybe in one of those places we could find a good source for, lets say, pouches or any other military stuff widely available during the SW production in the 70s but not anymore. And even if it was a lucky find, imagine if we could find one of the mistery poches, a Zonix Radio or who knows.

I am a little far from Warsaw at the moment ;) but maybe someone isn´t, or is near another market of this kind...

Anyone?

:D

Saludos

there is in france many collector militaria meeting, with gun, clothes, insigna, etc...

the problem is admission is charged, and we are not sure to find what we search.

it is generaly little meeting and many more usa miltary items more than german (and german items are more expensive).

i easily find what i search on ebay, but these convention are for sure a great add to find pearl! especially if you want to find WW2 gun.

but never say that you are a star wars fan :rolleyes: and you want to buy it for make a blaster replica!! the sellers don't like this in general, and sometimes they don't want to sell at no WW2 passionate guys.

i would say depend of what you want, what you search.

it is just perfect to find heavy weapons or difficult ship items but not really necessary to find ammo pouch or small items ;)

Hey Juan,

There has been a big event last weekend in Ciney, it's near Luik in Belgium.

A fellow member of my garrison has been there and you could practically find anything there from demilitarised Lewis guns,MP40 etc to pouches, cups, clothes and so on. You can find all the stuff you probably want from the axis and allied sides..

I wish that I've been there because after seeing pictures of all that stuff, man..

And the most stuff hey have there is the genuine article.. :)

Here you got an impression of the 2009 edition, enjoy hermano!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6M5rV5lqG8

Wow... that looks amazing.

I bet one could find most of the wwii stuff needed for a screen accurate TD, and many other stuff used on ANH.

Also, many many great memorabilia from the WWII, I am also interested in that part of world history.

How cool would it be to attend that.

Does anyone one if there is some king of yearly calendar or something for these kind of events?

THX for sharing Justus!

And Jerome,

I get what you say. I dont think WWII collectors would be very happy selling their treasures to some "sci-fi" geeks to make some "space props". LOL... but they dont need to know ;)

Ebay is definitely an option, but it is sometimes difficult to have sellers send to Mexico in an easy way.

Saludos

it is really what i think Juan, it is really better to don't tell why you want these items, and never speak about star wars at WW2 events!! lol :lol:

if you want i can take a look to find to you a french calendar for this events, i already have this for north of france (my region) but i can search for all the france if you need it, just let me know ;)

Here in Copenhagen there is a Replica gun shop.

They have said they go to a big market in Norway, and they have all most mint ww2 MG34 there for sale (non firing).

The price should be around 2000$ i think ;)

(i don´t know if they are still there)

Well...

I thought this could be in the interest of all MEPD members, having a calendar of such kind.

I wont be able to attend those kind of markets if they are in Europe, but I figured someone could and it could be helpful to have a calendar.

What if everyone post anything they can find on this kind of meetings... then if anyone is nearby and interested, it could be easy to spot the date and place.

And if anyone wants to buy me a real Canvas MP40 pouch, well... I wont mind!

LOL!!

Saludos

Ebay is definitely an option, but it is sometimes difficult to have sellers send to Mexico in an easy way.

Saludos

Juan, if there is anything you ever need shipped to you in Mexico but the seller wont do it, let me know. Id be happy to ship it out from here for you.

ok let's go!

http://www.abcollection.com/fr/bourse/sommaire.php?indice_an=0

you can change the france region on the top, there is also many european country that you can select, and you can change the year on the down.

hope this help ;)

What am I supposed to do with this I can translate it but how do I use it?

What am I supposed to do with this I can translate it but how do I use it?

Ha ha, for one time it is an american bro' who have problem with language it make me funny laugh^^ ;) ;) :P

you can feel how it is often difficult to understand many things in english web site and communication.

in fact you just have to choose on the top middle of the site page that i have sent the french region or the country you want to find an event. what is write in first was all the france region and the other country are just after on the down of the list

it is not really difficult but many more in french language :D:P

if you want a special region or country and you don't find it, let me know, i will search for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Cool!

If you find any TD/SW related article, make sure to take lots of pictures!

:D

Saludos.

If it's something really good or hard to find post it live right then if you have an iphone or some other way and maybe someone could get you to buy it for them?