I'm trying something new...

FIVE

For a long time, ever since I've been on the MEPD and FISD, I have auto-subscribed to any topic I start or reply to. I had also subscribed (or "watched") all the main forums within the forum. So, needless to say I got a lot of emails from the MEPD every day. I had it set to file them into a folder, so it wasn't flooding my inbox, but it was still, "click there, then delete the email, then click again..." a lot of work.

So today I've stopped it.

I've un-subscribed to everything and am going to start using the "View New Content" button at the top of the forums... and I'm just wondering — out of simply curiosity — who else does this?

Who subscribes to things as I once did?

And who uses the forum alone?

I pretty much only use the "view new content button" every visit. As you mentioned, too many e-mails to track!

I only get e-mail notifications for PM's which is good (in case I don't visit the forum for a few days for whatever reason).

I actually only use the "Active content" button on the bottom of the site.

That way I always know what is happening with every single thread. And since Im on line most part of everyday... or try to, there is very little chance something can be posted without me reading it or knowing it is there.

Have been doing that since I discovered that button.

I guess if I was not online everyday, the "View new content" button would be better.

:D

Saludos.

I used to subscribe myself to the subjects that were interesting or started myself so I didn't miss out on any important posts.

But the option Juan gives....sounds like the solution for all the unnecessary subscribtions..definitely gonna give that a try :D