My TD, working on getting Deployed! (pic heavy)

Nadun

Ahoy Troopers!

Just got my suit done and submitted my pics to my GML for approval. I may not post to much here, but I would like to thank all the great tutorials and help you have provided me so far. I'm working on the backpack now, big thanks to Crashman, its coming along.

Well this is what I got so far. Lots of pictures I took today.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Suggestions, comments, criticism, let me know :)

Looking very sharp trooper! Nice work!

The only small things I would adjust (and these are just my personal thoughts, not required by any means):

- raise the forearms by 3/4" away from the handplates, lower the biceps by an inch or so - to minimize the black at the elbow.

- raise the brow on the helmet a bit. Most of the stunt builds were a little higher. Again, personal preference.

- The right thigh seems a little big in circumference near the top, and slighter larger at the knee. Any chance this can be tightened up?

Looking very sharp trooper! Nice work!

The only small things I would adjust (and these are just my personal thoughts, not required by any means):

- raise the forearms by 3/4" away from the handplates, lower the biceps by an inch or so - to minimize the black at the elbow.

- raise the brow on the helmet a bit. Most of the stunt builds were a little higher. Again, personal preference.

- The right thigh seems a little big in circumference near the top, and slighter larger at the knee. Any chance this can be tightened up?

Thanks B)

The forearm issue is on my list. I placed to much padding in them and thats literally as far up my arm as I can push them lol. And I agree about that bicep as well, but will revisit that later once I get more strapping. Good eye though :)

The helmet brow is also on the list :) Although, with the way I assembled it, there's not much wiggle room, but there is some. I dont care much for the high brow personally, but since mine can shift a bit, it can shift to almost the point I look like some low brow caveman trooper of some sorts lol.

On the thighs, I just checked from underneath and they are pretty equal in circumference, however the top of the right does seem to be a bit larger, never noticed it before. Maybe its how I assembled the AP... Unfortunately they are glued both front and back and no idea how to correct that with out cutting my seem apart.

Thanks for the feedback!

Looking good man! :duim:

I agree, get the pack and you should be a quick "in" for deployment!

One picky thing I'd add (to what Terry suggested) is to swap our your belt pouch with a leather one when you get the chance.

Looking really good bro!

What Terry suggested is just right!

If you correct those little details, it will make your TD even better...

I like the weathering a lot too.

And your BFG looks really nice!

One suggestion there, try to get the correct Enfield slings, it will make it even better!

just in case: http://www.ima-usa.com/product_info.php/products_id/151

:D

Saludos!

Looking good man! :duim:

I agree, get the pack and you should be a quick "in" for deployment!

One picky thing I'd add (to what Terry suggested) is to swap our your belt pouch with a leather one when you get the chance.

Thanks!. And thanks for the suggestion B)

Looking really good bro!

What Terry suggested is just right!

If you correct those little details, it will make your TD even better...

I like the weathering a lot too.

And your BFG looks really nice!

One suggestion there, try to get the correct Enfield slings, it will make it even better!

just in case: http://www.ima-usa.com/product_info.php/products_id/151

Saludos!

Thank ya sir! I completely agree, those slings are on my list of things to acquire already. Appreciate the link!

Awesome! Glad to hear it B)

Should have the pack done up by the weekend. Hopefully my GML will review my submission pics soon. Until then, I have a two pics of my pack build in progress. Tell me what you guys think so far, and if you see anything that would keep me from Deployment. Is my stinger to long? Its 2 1/8inch.

Thanks!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hey Matt!

From what I can see your pack looks great!

I don't see any problem with it.

The bee stinger is fine. If you decide it to keep it like that or make it shorter, it no problem for deployment.

The radio seems to be weathered a bit, you just need to weather the whole thing.

Remember packs were not as heavily weathered as armors... so just a bit will do the trick!

Really good pack all together!

Keep us posted in your TD status and your armor updates...

Saludos

Thanks guys, glad to hear it!

The radio isn't weathered.... its just a bit dusty from my hands holding it haha. Glad you reminded me about the amount of weathering the packs get though.

Again, thanks for the compliments!

Here are a few shots of some weathering I did. I couldnt use the same method as I did for my armor or I would have ripped the paint off my pack lol. So this was what I ended up with. Little sliver paint also added some some edges to give that chip paint effect.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

To much weathering? not enough?