My V3 HDPE TROOPER HELMETS

gino

Thanks guys!

Here's a quick and dirty camera phone pic of it painted in just the white color.

I plan to paint the details later this evening and then take another round of shots.

I'm thinking that I'm going to have to let the paint cure for several days before attempting to chip any off. Paint even though dry to the touch is actually still curing for about a week before reaching it's hardest (brittle) state.

If I chip the paint off too early it will be more of a tearing effect vs. a chipping effect.

I'm pretty excited to be able to chip some of the paint off so it is going to be a long 3 (or so) days to wait.

Posted Image

The cap bumps on this helmet look just they did on the original I handled a couple of weeks back. I had to hold the helmet up to the light to see them more clearly and they did match the same pattern as on Gino's helmets. The bumps on his HIPS helmets look too prominent compared to the one I saw, but this HDPE looks spot on!

Looking forward to seeing this finished.

• 6 months later...