Static burst

Vathic

I see many people use the Trik toys Static Burst/Sound Effects Module, and people also use the Rom/fx unit from the UK.

I was wondering what the favorite was between the two and why? Also what the consensus was with customer service etc.. Thx.

Hey Shawn, welcome!

I used for a couple of years a chinese amplifier and did the static burst with my mouth and blowing into the mic. LOL...

Now I have the ROM FX board and it is just awesome.

For what I have read, it is way better than the trick toys one.

The ROM FX board is worth every pound I paid. ;)

Saludos

I have one of Triktoys old sound FX boards (not sure if they ever did come out with the V2?) but I've personally had a lot of problems with feedback and oversensitivity. I've never trooped with it because I'd have to turn the volume down so low it defeats the purpose of a sound system. However I know several people who have the board and love it...

I just upgraded to a ROM/FX, haven't field tested it yet but it sounds great, easy to use, 8 different static burst sounds and you can adjust the sensitivity which is excellent! Compared to everything else I've seen and tried the ROM is the best!

I tried one of the Trik V2 recently. I thought it need a lot more work before selling to legion brothers. I returned mine. I currently use a hyperdyne and a romFX. Both are great and you can't go wrong there. Both need a good voice amp. I of coarse use an Aker vocie amp because I sell them.

I am also working on static burst card with My aker supplier. I have been working for months on it and i will have a prototype to play with in a couple of weeks. My objective was to have a simple static burst card that is easy to use an un-complicated. Have it enclosed in a safe box and most importantly be about 30-40% cheaper than the hyperdyne or RomFX. I feel that most troopers want a good static burst but they don't want to pay $160 or to have a fragile card....

I stared out with a cheap wally world voice changer. Then I tried a gas mask mic I had heard about. I now have a Rom/FX as you may have seen here.

I rank it like this:

Good

Better

The BEST!

You will not go wrong with the Rom/FX, it completes your hard work and makes it a enjoyable piece of armor. :duim:

The old trik toy voice card (the one you have to blown in) is actually the small white radio shack sound amplifier that sells for $15. All that was done was the card was taken out of the protective box. Seemed kind of deceptive to me...also that radio shack is a "sound amplifier" not a voice amplifier. When bought from RS it does not come with a mic and thier is a reason for that. There is no feedback control and it is meant to only amply sound. So feedback will be a big issues unless you can completly isolate any exterior sounds from reaching he mic.