flateric armour build

flateric

Hi guys,

Thought I'd post a section to show my progress, I've posted a photo to show how my weathering looks, I've added three larger buttons to the ab plate since taking this photo, I'm also awaiting the arrival of a ' Move along ' style stunt bucket soon.

Cheers all !!

Aid

Posted Image

Hi guys,

Posting a close up of my weathering and as quite rightly so, everyone is entitled to there opinion but I'm getting a mixed response about it from elsewhere and as a newbie , I'm wondering if I'm doing the right thing. I've posted a photo of my interpretation of what I feel a sand beaten set of armour would look like against the text book burnt/raw , yellow ochre vibe. What do you guys in the sand pit think.

Aid

Posted Image

The cool thing about weathering is that everyone does it differently, its a personal take on it. Some people like to replicate what was seen in the films, others replicate the photos, etc.

A lot of people do the sandy look, but I have noticed that the more gray look has gained in popularity. Personally, I like the slightly warmer sandy dirty look. But in your comparison photos, I think the one on the right is a bit too strong. If yours is the one on the left, its got a very soft look to it which I think is fine if thats what you want to go for. I would personally take some watered down burnt umber and do some random sponging on top. Just my personally opinion. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Just getting items together for a back pack build, I was about to ask numerous questions regarding back packs, but I came across loads of useful photos and measurements on the back pack section of the forum. Great guide for a newbie like me.

Cheers guys !!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Hi All, blimey it's been a while, some of you guys will know, I actually joined the UKG as TK in the end but have since got involved with a group of friends and family and we have called ourselves MS Troopers, when I'm not TK 9737, I'm MS TROOPER. Our mission is to raise funds into finding a cure for MS. I'm reporting back as I've had a thought, my wife is in the process of making a Jawa costume and I've just done a run of scratch built DLT's, got me thinking SANDY. The only thing is I'll need to keep it clean, so I can change between MS TROOPER and MS DESERT TROOPER, I guess it might cause a scene but I'm not going for clearance with it plus I can't risk messing up MS TROOPER for the fundraisers. watch this space,

post-3707-0-63062000-1417723002_thumb.jp