PVC Lewis Gun?

Hey guys...When I was at Celebration 2, I was only but a wee lad....But I talked to a very friendly SandTrooper about his costume for a while. At the time, he carried a PVC/toy blaster Lewis Gun. I was wondering if anyone know where I might find a similar set of plans like the Lewis gun he carried with him. Or....A lewis gun in general. LOL. Or just....Anything I could use as a base to add PVC to....So that I could also carry a Lewis gun. :lol::P

I'm planning on building a MG-15, and to mod one of my Hasbro E-11's...But the lewis gun and MG-34 are still my favorite guns, and I'd love to have one. Of corse..I'd realy like to have a hyperfirm MG-34 and Lewis...But until then...You know.... :(

Pandatrooper posted a build thread with blueprints to scale and lots of pics on how to make a lewis out of wood and pvc pipe in this same forum. Or are you looking for something else you do not have to scratch build?

I've seen that Lewis gun, and it looks absoutly fantastic....However I do not have the equipment to do wood work. And also....I've never done wood work before ever. :( My dad could proboly do it all, but I don't think he would be up to doing that much work on something like that.

It might be hard to find something to use as a base, but perhaps you can find an old toy gun / water gun / broken airsoft or something along those lines? Then add the PVC pipe, etc.

Or just get your dad to cut the stock and main body out of 1" thick wood, or 2 5/8" templates for the body and stock and glue them together, then you can add the PVC pipes and detail.

Here's my blueprint template.

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=6376

Here's a simpler version you could make on TK409's site

http://www.tk409.com/tk409.html

Scroll down for "Stormtrooper Heavy Blaster (Lewis Gun)"

Another version done here

http://imperial-fleet.com/BBC/community/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=356

Yeah, that was the plan...I think the Sandtrooper I met at C2 had used a Hasbro E-11 for the handle part of his gun. I've got a picture of him somewhere, I'll have to take a look. I can't beleive there isn't an inexpensive airsoft that would make a good base for this realy...Very disapointing, lol. But I have quite a few old toy blasters, and I'd assume I proboly have at least something that would make a good handle.

I'm also going to run it by my dad to see if he can do the stock, or mabey even all of it. He may not even be able to do it, but he has ALOT of stuff at his disposal, and skill to back it up, LOL. :P

It's too bad you didn't post this earlier. I had some leftover wood pieces from my T-21 build, which included the stock and other pieces. I gave them away to another garrison member 2 weeks ago. :(

Maybe try and contact Woodchuck, maybe he can at least cut the main receiver and stock for you.

It's too bad you didn't post this earlier. I had some leftover wood pieces from my T-21 build, which included the stock and other pieces. I gave them away to another garrison member 2 weeks ago. :(

Maybe try and contact Woodchuck, maybe he can at least cut the main receiver and stock for you.

Dang it, that sucks. :( But at least someone took them that could use them....A few times I've posted at prop places about things I can't find, and people have posted they had actualy just threw out a peice I needed. :blink:

Did you take a look at Cushman? Compared to a Hyperfirm they are cheaper and look pretty good with a nice paint job. The only knock on them is I hear they are quite fragile, especially when young fans want hold it while taking pictures.

Did you take a look at Cushman? Compared to a Hyperfirm they are cheaper and look pretty good with a nice paint job. The only knock on them is I hear they are quite fragile, especially when young fans want hold it while taking pictures.

If you can get an "above mentioned" cheap enough, its worth the investment B) ....I personally wouldnt spend more than ???? well, actually i wouldnt spend anything on one....lol. Ive seen them look good with loads of work but one hot day in the car or a waisthigh drop....your pretty much going to wish you went another route.

theres a whole thread on here :)