Pack weathering

stuntmanmike

best thing to do is match with your armor weathering once you get it. using a natural sand and getting into the cracks looks really cool.

Thats kinda what I was thinking and I live at the beach so getting real sand is easy :D

Here is what I do to all my packs.

First I take a can of silver spray paint and a rag. I spray a liberal amount onto a spot on the rag about the size of a half dollar. I then lightly rub silver onto any raised edges, corners, ridges or areas were I think it would have wear and tear. Then with a dry clean rag, I rub the wet areas until it gives the worn silver appearance of metal underneath.

After the whole pack is done with the silver "Dry Rubbing", I use Rustoleum Sand/Multicolored Textured spray paint and lightly mist it onto certain areas of the pack. This paint has pieces and specks of sand colored and black specks in it. Really looks and feels like sand. Be careful not to spray it on to heavy in one spot as it will cause the paint underneath to bubble. To get it heavier in low areas and creases, wait for it to dry, then re-apply anothr coat just to those areas. Repeat as necessary to get your desired effect.

Posted Image