Fullers earth question

kf990

I bought some stuff from my local hobby shop made by woddland it's the stuff used for sand and dirt for model trains when useing it does the stuff color or stain the armor or do you use it for texture. I tested this stuff and when I wipped it off it just remove the grains of stuff leaving nothing behind

Spray the part you are working on with hairspray first, then sprinkle the earth onto it.

I like to have a damp to wet rag handy to 'touch up' the dirt until I get the look I want.

Good luck & enjoy getting dirty!

I did my entire armor with fullers earth and I'm really happy with how it turned out. Hit the edges with some sandpaper and like Hawkeye said use some hairspray spray on the part you want to work on. I used a paint brush and drizzled the fullers earth onto the armor (I let it fall off the brush onto the piece). I also took a knife in a couple places and cut into the armor and brushed on the fullers earth into those as well. Right when the hairspray starts to dry, run a dry paper towel to spread things around and make it uneven. The fullers earth should get into the cracks and where you sanded more than anywhere else. I did this whole process two or three times to get the look I wanted. When I was happy with the way it looked I used clear spray paint (non-glossy) to seal everything in (two coats). It really does look like you've been out in the desert when you're done.

Hope this helps. Good luck!!