need help with lenses

kf990

I am trying to put in my lenses and they wont stay glued due to the curve any help with how to do this would be great. Thanks to TD 2557 for the lenses btw I might need to make another order I think the glue messed up one of the lenses and dont know how to clean them.

Couple of quick questions... are the lenses cut to shape, or are they one piece? (not sure what TD 2557 sells)

If they're one long piece of plastic, just tape them in.

Or, tape one side and down as you glue it, then do the other side.

If they're cut to shape then putting glue around the edge of the eyes in the helmet and "sitting" the lenses onto it would be how I'd do it. Of course if the lenses are specifically made for TE2/AP helmets and you have something else that could be the problem.

Also, try a little NOVUS polish on one of them.

It might take the glue off and give it the right sheen again.

Hope that helps...

Mine is one piece and I decided to use industrial Velcro to hold it in place. That lets me take the whole thing out if I need to clean it or before I wear it to put some de-fog on it. I put the Velcro on the outside of the eyes and it's not a perfect fit but it stays and works for me.

These lenses are cut to shape using a template from an MRCE Lense. They are slightly oversized so they will fit any bucket and have plenty of surface area around the edges to either hot glue them of velcro them in. They can also be trimmed smaller if need be.

What kind of glue are you using to install them? As Noel said, a thick bead of Hot Glue around the edges of the eyes is the best way to install these. They are flexible so they will take the shape of the bucket. You could also try working/bending the lense to shape prior to installation. Let them sit in the hot sun for about 5-10 minutes prior to shaping them.