Gordon's Syphon part...

iconoclasta_88

I am currently working on modifying my intake and have been studying it a bit before cutting anything...

So I wanted to share with you a couple of things. Nothing new, but well...

I thought I found two different sizes of syphons used on the packs from what I saw on screen grabs. So I took some pictures of the gordons syphon and compared them to the screen grabs with photoshop...

this is how it looks:

post-1761-060315000 1278130350_thumb.jpg

post-1761-017432300 1278130360_thumb.jpg

post-1761-044424800 1278130354_thumb.jpg

So, it looks like there was just one size of syphon used. But it looks different because of the angle or lens.

But then, Gordons syphon is the correct size and structure almost in every aspect, expect the double hight of the "twinky under part". Do you know what I mean?

I though I could cut down that part and position the twinky lower over both tubes. But after checking this pictures, I think that would be a mistake. So here is the dilema: would I rather lower the twinky and have a correct double tube and twinky base but short? Or would I stay as it is and have it a correct hight but with wrong twinky base?

What do you guys think?

Saludos.

I personally left mine as is.

I know you are trying for super screen accuracy Juan and I commend you for your dedication to try and achieve it. Problem is either way you go, you will be slightly off from screen. Either too short or wrong twinkie cap...pick your poison. In the end, I think the extra work involved just isn't worth it, but that's just me. Good luck whatever you decide.

I know it will look AWESOME no matter what you do! ;)

Yeah, leaving it "as is" is what I did too. It's by far the most accurate thing we've seen... and I agree with what John said, making it more accurate in one way will make it less accurate in another way.

I did cut the "big nob" off the top of my side section and left the little one. (actually put a cap on there for the little one) But other than that it's as is.

Oh, and added the rings (duh) B)

Let us know what you do though!

You're one of the tops here... so I know you'll make a cool choice!