Armor Upper Leg Belt & Garter System

DirtyBoy

Heres what I decided to change my set up to....the great thing is no more plastic additions to the inner thighs or 'D' rings....just add velcro. use same belt system with all other armor...just add velcro strip to each thigh. WORKS PERFECT!!!!

ALL PIECES FULLY ADJUSTABLE AND THIGHS HAVE QUICK RELEASE! Pieces remove from belt if needed. If anyone needs a set let me know and I'll figure out what it costs me to do. :)

Posted Image

This is awesome and better than either garter I have now. Here are some of my experiences:

1) Using cordura instead of low-stretch elastic for the straps can put excess stress on the thighs and also pull the garter down.

2) I'd suggest putting some suspenders on it. This helps keep the garter from being pulled down if your thighs are a little tight.

3. Like the straps, I prefer to use low-stretch elastic instead of cordura as it allows a little flex as you move about.

The quick release is great. I like snaps over velcro as I hate having to re-jigger where to attach the velcro every suit-up and also I find that HIPS armor (ATA, TE2, etc.) doesn't take the strain of snaps in this one area like ABS does, but your way with the clips removes that worry.

This is awesome and better than either garter I have now. Here are some of my experiences:

1) Using cordura instead of low-stretch elastic for the straps can put excess stress on the thighs and also pull the garter down.

2) I'd suggest putting some suspenders on it. This helps keep the garter from being pulled down if your thighs are a little tight.

3. Like the straps, I prefer to use low-stretch elastic instead of cordura as it allows a little flex as you move about.

The quick release is great. I like snaps over velcro as I hate having to re-jigger where to attach the velcro every suit-up and also I find that HIPS armor (ATA, TE2, etc.) doesn't take the strain of snaps in this one area like ABS does, but your way with the clips removes that worry.

Thanks Paul....I thought about doing the elastic but i all i has was some grey and it was too wide. i may hit the fabric store later today and see about doing a second set for fun. My old way was good until I tried this out and worked so much better :)

n/p Rick! I think having two and then trying both will really help. Everyone is different, so what works for one may not work for others.

Still, I'm a big believer in being able to armor up/off by oneself in 5 minutes or less, so your ideas are excellent :salute:

n/p Rick! I think having two and then trying both will really help. Everyone is different, so what works for one may not work for others.

Still, I'm a big believer in being able to armor up/off by oneself in 5 minutes or less, so your ideas are excellent :salute:

Thank you :)

Im with you on that one...as fast and light as possible. :salute:

wow rick...that is cool!!! makes my system look complicated!!!

i have a webbing belt with quick release buckle,webbing braces attatched which are height adjustable between td and tk,with 2 webbing straps each side with heavy duty poppers attatched for connection to the thighs! phew!!!!

lol...ya....I had a similar set up in place but now im going to this....makes it so easy and fast....the connection is completely hidden and fully adjustable. its so simple i dont know why i didnt do before