In transition...

SethB6025

Well, this afternoon I kissed my armor goodbye. I had to sell it to help finance my soon-to-be-TD. I'm taking a minute to reflect, it felt wierd. I remember seeing armor for the first time on a sci-fi channel show that had a short video from celebration 1 in 1999. I knew right then what I had to do. I went to my mom's house (I didn't own a computer at the time) and sought out a suit. Several months later, my wife got me a GF (not the anh, his original "FX") suit fo xmas. Man, I was so excited. Jump ahead five years, and I'm now feeling the same, only this time, I'm also missing my old suit a bit. So, until my new armor arrives, I'll be overhauling my backpack, as there are a number of things on it that I'm not happy with. Whew. Oh, and I changed my avatar, sort of a "lost in the sand" kinda thing. I'll stick with that until I'm ready to show off the new gear.

Hey bro,

I've heard it said that "change is the only constant". I've read in the bible that we should "rejoice with those who are happy and mourn with those who mourn"...I'm taking the next few minutes to mourn with my fellow sandie here as we experience this "changing of the guard".

I had mixed feelings about letting go of my first armor. It was an FX and I really learned a lot with that suit. Happily, the guy who bought appears extremely happy with it. I am glad he's enjoying it. All I have left are the photos.

So if you'll excuse me for a moment I'm going to observe a moment of silence with my brother sandtrooper.

Guns

Yeah, I really press upon n00bs to always start with an FX, because it really is a learning experience. I'll eventually part with mine, too, and it will be a bit sad, looking back on all the fond memories wearing it. But, better times ahead!

Seth, PM details on the sale.

• 1 month later...

What are these "sell" and "let go" words I keep hearing bandied about?

"He who dies with the most toys wins" is my creedo. That's why I have 4 ST helmets, 2 armor kits and a girfriend with a nervous cranial tic (she keeps shaking her head in defeat).

Seriously, I'm sorry that you had to let your original kit go, but the fact that it had the opportunity to, once again, give a person that first look in the mirror and have an Imperial Stormtrooper looking back...well, you remember what it was like.

Just think, without you and the sacrifice you made the guy might have ended up being a Jedi.

That's a good outlook! It does make me happy to think of it bringing that great feeling to someone else. It is sad just the same, but it was time to move on. I try not to accumulate too much material possession, plus I don't have much disposable income. So, in order to upgrade, it was necessary to sell of my old suit. Your're right, he may have been dangerously close to a sink tube and a bathrobe before he bought my kit. I may have saved him!