Sandy Clone Helmet Build

Hey Guys,

I've enjoyed the Imperial Commando helmets a number of you have built & after seeing the SDCC 2009 Sideshow 'Dune Sea Tusken Nomad' & Humbrelcreations' 'Pre Sandtrooper' custom figures I got to wondering what the 'Missing Link' trooper might look like, a trooper left behind in the desert, who bridges the newer trilogy with the orginal trilogy.

I had a 3/4 completed fibreglass helmet sitting on a shelf for two years I didn't like because of it's soft details.

I'm hoping this helmet is the start of a complete 1:1 take on elements of these figures.

Please let me know what you think.

If you have any interest, I'll try to post parts of this project as I complete them.

The blue Tic Tac box, coffee container & large washers shown weren't used in the build:

Posted Image

Bondo & parts glued in place:

Posted Image

Head & Shoulder shampoo caps used instead of Tic Tac box for top vents:

Posted Image

Two coats of primer, two coats of paint & two coats of clear coat:

Posted Image

Hand painted details, awaiting brow trim, aerators & weathering, the orange trim a nod to our pauldrons:

Posted Image

Posted Image

SO COOL!!!

I love these helmets! I really do.

The weathering and stuff is looking great too man!

Ace job! :duim:

P.S. When you want to sell it let me know.

Thanks for the feedback guys! It's great to hear your thoughts on this little project.

It was a fun build & I was able to show my kids a first-hand example of the "Reduce, Reuse & Recycle" they're studying in school.

Now onto the armour & accessories to match this helmet!

All the best.

Luke