The phantom TKID - Got IT!!!

CMANavy

I need some help guys. As you all know I have had my application in for over 2 months now. Now I live in alaska but I go to school in Cali but will be leaving in December to back to alaska. I inted to keep trooping with the Golden Gate Garrison and I have trooped with them 3 times now. The GML can't/won't process my application to clear my TKID. I need help to force my aplication through, it is kind of starting to sucka bout being caught in the no TKID loop.

Is it the garrison GML? I thought ID's were processed by the 501st main?? It's been five years since I joined up, so maybe something has changed. Any more recent recruits know more? I know that back then it took a few months to get official, but still? Is there a specific reason he won't process your app?

edit: Garrisons are geographically based, so if you live in Alaska, that would be your garrison, while you can troop with Golden Gate, you could not be a member. That shouldn't however, affect you joining the 501st. And wait, am I wrong, or is there no garrison/squad/outpost that includes AK????

You submit your application to the LMO, who logs it and forwards it on to your GML, who contacts you and requests your photographs. He would verify that your 'costume' is cannon, and would send on your photos to the Legion for final approval and TKid 'awarded'.

If the Legion HQ has contacted your GML, and you have trooped with them, I don't see why he couldn't approve you application. Has he received anything from Legion HQ as there has been problems submitting a request using an XP machine (mine took a while because of that). Maybe ask the GML if he has received anything yet. Maybe reapply to the HQ, or ask the LMO (Mike Washko?) for assistance as you are from (going to) a non-garrison represented area.

I have emaild the LMO but I have not heard back from him yet. All the required pictures have been taken, just in case I had a new set shot at my first troop. The Garrison I have trooped with will not include me as an Offical member so I have to go freelance.

The Windblows XP is not a problem, I have been on Mac OSX for 2 1/2 years.

There is no garrsion or Outpost for Alaska. I have been going in circles for awhile now.

Joe,

If push comes to shove, establish YOURESELF as the "new" Alaskan Outpost! You only need one member - you! For company and information you always have a home here! Once you get settled at your new duty assignment give it a shot! Need assistance - give me a call!

Guns

ePS: Okay gang, this is probably an ongoing affair with updating ID #s and processing applications but the leadership needs to know how discouraging this process is. Remember this when it's time to vote!

Excelet point! But I can't even do that untill I get.......My TKID!!!!

Chatch 22

All rightee then...a quick review of the Legion Charter is in order. I believe that you should apply directly to the LMO. You should fall directly under the Legion CO.

This is starting to really **** ME OFF! Joe's caught in a CATCH-22 and I've been planted here in the islands for awhile and I'm still waiting for my own TD# update! Joe I'm going to post a complaint on the Legion board for you.

Guns

ePS: No more Mister Nice Guy!

Thanks man (Brah')! Somtimes there is just to much organization.

This is what I wrote:

"Well, unfortunately it appears that the cogs of the Empire rotate very very slowly. It's been more than 30 days since I posted this and nothing has happened.

It has also come to my attention that a fellow sandtrooper and prospective 501st member is caught in a Catch-22 of sorts. Is anybody listening? OUR compadre needs help."

This was in response to my own plea for assistance. So naturally, I just added your situation on to it...I'll let you know if I get a reply.

Guns

do we have any COs here.

Detachement leaders are not on the council.

(im the DL of the SLD).

we need to get some garrison COs to get out there and tell the council we have members waiting to join and cant, cuz they havent gotten around to it

(i know they have known about this for some time).

WHOOYA!!!

Hey gang if you're following this thread here's the latest scoop! Not long after I posted my rather "short" email message on the Legion board, I get an email from an associate that I had worked with not too long ago. (Remember those fantastic MEPD tees?!)

Anyway, I told him about CMANavy's "Catch-22" predicament and "BLAM" it looks like the situation may work itself out! I asked CMANavy to keep me informed. Man, I love it when humans help humans! Take care all!

Guns

ePS: I GOT MY TD ID update!!! CHEEHOO!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey CMANavy,

Looks like there are others in/on there way to Alaska, so maybe you can start your own outpost...

The following is from the 501st Legion Forum (Sorry, but you need to be a 501st member - Catch 22 again!)

Hello everyone! I recently was honored with the acceptation to the 501st Legion. After drooling for several years over all the awesome costumes I finally decided to become part of something I have been admiring for so long. The 501st Legion! I cannot decribe how proud I am to be part of this and hopefully I will find more Alaskan troopers soon.

TI 7107 out

You can get her info on the 501st web though. She has 'No Garrison Affiliation Known' against her, so she might have some other advice...

Still waiting to hear from the LMO. I should just be processed same as that too. There are a few clones up there but they have disapeard for the time.

As it is turning out I will have to stay in Cali for awhile, up to a year and I think the GGG should just be nice and fracking let me in. IT would really help

• 4 weeks later...

I Finaly got it!! I got my confirmation Email today and I have been loaded into the database!

I am now officaly TD-1244

CONGRATS Joe, {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_biggrin.gif

Okay Joe, now that you have it, do something with it! {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_eek.gif Alaskan Command...Northern Lights Outpost, you've got a chance to build your own garrison! Go for it! {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_cool.gif

Guns {SMILIES_PATH}/salute.gif