FINALLY Getting dirty! WIP PICS

Hawk

Well, this started out as something I wanted to do as a temporary thing. But now that I've done it... I think I may not turn back.

But... I have to get read for Star Wars Weekends at Disney! So I need to get the ab plate and the sniper knee. If anyone could help me out there it would be appreciated!

ANYWAY... I did all of this today! With a little bottle of black paint, a piece of spung/foam and a lot of paper towels.

LMK what you guys think! I have actually played with the idea of going TD, well, since I started actually. I usually sport a pauldron when I troop. But I just never got up the nerve to try it until today. Here's what Ive done so far....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looking good all around.

The black stripes across the chest and other places remind me a bit of clone weathering. I do think TDs should be a bit more organic and less battle-like. But this is a personal choice.

If you wish to go a bit more screenish look, maybe take that in consideration. Something that might help is adding just a dark brown color over the black, and then maybe another black light coat. This is just an idea though.

We now believe TDs weathering was made with just one color (dark brownish) in a multilayer technique. But black or even multi tone weathering is accepted too. But again, weathering is a personal thing so as long as you are happy with it, it is fine.

Check this two threads, they may be of some use:

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=6262

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=4864&st=0

Still, Good job!!

And yes, going sandy is the way to go!!! :D

Saludos.

Looking good all around.

The black stripes across the chest and other places remind me a bit of clone weathering. I do think TDs should be a bit more organic and less battle-like. But this is a personal choice.

If you wish to go a bit more screenish look, maybe take that in consideration. Something that might help is adding just a dark brown color over the black, and then maybe another black light coat. This is just an idea though.

We now believe TDs weathering was made with just one color (dark brownish) in a multilayer technique. But black or even multi tone weathering is accepted too. But again, weathering is a personal thing so as long as you are happy with it, it is fine.

Check this two threads, they may be of some use:

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=6262

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=4864&st=0

Still, Good job!!

And yes, going sandy is the way to go!!! :D

Saludos.

Hehe.. Ya caught me! :D

Yeah, when I first learned about that there were authentic costumes, it was by seeing an Arc Trooper. So when I first decided to get into the 501st, I was actually thinking going Arc Trooper or Clone Trooper, but, being from a small town at the time, I realized most people would not recognize them as easily as a Stormtrooper. So when I started looking around I started seeing the TD's that people had done and I figured I'd do that eventually after I got my TK. But yeah, there's still a place in my heart for them Arc Troopers/Clone Troopers, and I guess it's showing haha. I just didn't realize it would be that obvious. lol :)

I may add some brownish here and there at some point, but Im really partial to that more unnatural battled out look.

Thanks for the links man. I'll have to check them out!

I started my helmet too. I'll have to get pics when its done.

Thanks again for your comments! I appreciate the feedback!