most screen accurate helmet ?

unheard

so many different storm troopers helmets please tell me which is the most screen accurate ?

Also if you have the helmet.

please can you tell me the Height, Width, and Depth.

please can someone post measurements please.

so that people can understand how pepakura measures things.

It the farthest away points of Height, Width, and Depth that are measured.

when measuring please just put a ruler in front of the piece and check the number.

please don't use a flex able ruler. thank you.

Posted Image

The problem with measuring an accurate helmet is it's not symmetrical. So measuring from "furthest point" to "furthest point" means you'd have to measure every single millimeter all the way up and down and all around.

Now, if you're making an "idealized" symmetrical version of a helmet then you're going to want to start with something like the MR CE. Because, again, if you "mirrored" the accurate helmets it would look really wrong.

Posted Image

height 29.8

width ( as looking at it head on cheek to cheek. please don't worry about the roundness )

depth 24.3

great work thank you so much.

just one think I can see please post when you have time.

sorry if you feel I am being rude.

thank you for all your work.

I would like to scale the helmet to a TE2.

but i know this maybe hard but looking photo which verison does it looking to you ?

ANH ESB and ROTJ versions ?

but I think its a anh.

Posted Image

That helmet looks like a MR CE.

The torso looks like an FX and so do the thighs. They are missing the ammo belt for the knee.

Actually, most of the parts look a bit like FX. But are not really of course. Handplates have no idea.

So, the helmet could be better made into a ANH, cause as the saga advanced, the helmets were more and more deformed.

Same thing with the armor...

Or does someone have a different opinion?

Hope it helps.

Saludos

Posted Image

height 29.8

width ( as looking at it head on cheek to cheek. please don't worry about the roundness )

depth 24.3

great work thank you so much.

just one think I can see please post when you have time.

sorry if you feel I am being rude.

thank you for all your work.

No worries mate!

Happy I can help.

Hope I can do that tonite and finish the image file sometime tomorrow.

Saludos

That helmet looks like a MR CE.

The torso looks like an FX and so do the thighs. They are missing the ammo belt for the knee.

Actually, most of the parts look a bit like FX. But are not really of course. Handplates have no idea.

So, the helmet could be better made into a ANH, cause as the saga advanced, the helmets were more and more deformed.

Same thing with the armor...

Or does someone have a different opinion?

Hope it helps.

Saludos

thank you for your info here.

FX armor ?

is that any good ?

Armor FX is a fan made armor which is still very popular an widespread within the 501st. It's a good armor but not very screen accurate. I don't have any good comparsion photos here, but check that pic on www.starwarshelmet.com and you'll see the differences.

Posted Image

(Link: Armor comparsion and FX helmet)

Also check the real/original helmet section. There a some good photos of screen used helmets and you'll see how "asymmetrical" the helmet is when you check the top-view photos.

Cheers,

TK-607

FX armor was the first massively available armor. Still it is the most available around the world. But it is not really to accurate.

It is a good kit for what it is, but if you are planning to make yours from scratch, it would be better if you based your build in a more accurate one: TE, TE2 or TM. Just dont recast! :)

I think it looks like an FX cause right or left thighs look the same. Same as the shins Also, the chest piece is quiet wide and long (ends too low). The ab piece in the other hands, looks quiet good IMO.

Hope it helps.

Saludos

They all come the same size. Different armor tend to come in different sizes overall, but there are not really S,M,L, or XL sizes.

TE and TE derived armor should fit better ppl around 5,9 since that was the size of actors in ANH.

But even at that height, it is necessary to trim each piece specifically for your hight and size. So, pretty much there are no two armors exactly the same size.

I am 1.78 m. 1 cm less than 5,9, so my TE2 fits quiet well. Lucky me! :D

Saludos

FWIW, FX is not being made anymore. "Mr. FX" has upgraded the molds and now uses the AM brand to differentiate them. Any FX suits you see that are new are either recast or from someone's garage that they never completed.

AM addresses several of the inaccuracies of the old FX, notably larger bucks to help close the side gaps, correct ab plate buttons, and split butt plate.

The FX helmet is still being made, but it being a bit large for most people along with being the least accurate in appearance has led it to be deprecated, especially as more accurate helmets have really come down in price.