Connecting the Stackers

FIVE

Okay guys.

Going good on my Crashmann pack build... but I have a question.

Should the stacker assembly be 'angled' so it's attached at the "top" with a bolt / rivet... like so...

Posted Image

or... should it be "level"... like this...

and IF like this, how do you make it level? B)

Posted Image

I was looking at some of the screen shots from the movie and it looks like some are attached angled and some are not.

I personally like the level look, not the angled look. After placing the stackers on the tray so that it is level, rotate the whole unit towards the radio until the syphon is resting against the tray. It will still be level and you will have more points of contact with the tray to mount it.

Okay... looking at the screen grabs I think you're right Gordon.

Look here...

Posted Image

Looks like it's at an angle... and the blue tray is at angle... so therefore it ends up being straight.

Some of the pack reference photos I've seen have the stacker off to the right.

Here's Mike's pack... and I can't tell if this is "off" / "angled" at the bottom or not.

Posted Image

Definitely angled.

When I asked Mike about this, he runs a screw through the top hamburger stacker and the curvy pipes where they make contact with the seed tray.

I used a huge glob of JB Weld to reinforce the area where the screw entered the curvy pipe.

Good luck!

Charlie

I remember someone else asking about mounting the cistern and I replied with pictures. After digging, I've found them!

I actually glued a bolt to the side of the curvy pipes. Be sure to scuff up the plastic so the JB Weld can bite into it

Posted Image

I cut a hole in the top hamburger stacker, mounted a screw through the side of it, and bolted it from the inside of the seed tray. I used a right angle screwdriver to hold the screw in place, but you could probably just cut a larger hole for a regular screwdriver

Posted Image

Here's one of my favorite quotes:

I cut it two times, and it was still too short!

Charlie