Here Goes My Hero

Pappy

Hihihi i know :P but....but.....

I got extra AP helmet kit that i originally want to offering it here in indonesia,but...well...

anyways :P i decided to make a hero helmet,since it is from abs too,not intended to mimicking any particular hero (i'm poor on replicating anything and of course lack of refference lol)

I also made similar thread on the FISD too,but the more the merrier :lol:

here goes

Day 1

Posted Image

it doesnt look wide like the hero does,so..

Day 2

Posted Image

yeah <_< but its wider now though,i also managed to make the faceplate follow the cap more again,by making the screw holes loose on the faceplate then press it from the inside with the bolt

and ears attached Posted ImagePosted Image

Day 4

Still wondering if theres anything wrong with it :P before i go further screw the bottom of the ears and paint the ears white

Posted Image

Need suggestions :D

Posted Image

I don't know much about the hero look, but this is looking good to me.

I think the main thing that will make it look different is how you paint the frown.

Posted Image

LOL grote broer so true :lol: I originally want to have all known variants of sandtrooper helmets replicas but Posted Image

Thanks a lot Zac! Oh,sorry I had to change your old bucket to an esb(waiting for the decals) because I screwed up when I want to 'reform' the eye sockets(on the right) so to make it 'right' again I must cut out a little bit more...and the story goes :(

i still haven't paint it,instead kept adjusting,and found out things about the hero.

I replaced the bottom ear screws a little bit higher,tighten the right 'brow' to the faceplate,cut out the bottom helmet opening more,and......voilà I made some gaps on the ears.......oh well...but I like it :lol:

Posted Image

There are soo many holes that I need to covered up behind these ears :PPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Here's the worst part,I just realized that the hero ears were only had 3 'bumps' instead of the 'normal' stunts with 4 :( no wonder no one ever build a hero helmet from this kit....bummer,totally my fault though :(Posted Image

Here's the worst part,I just realized that the hero ears were only had 3 'bumps' instead of the 'normal' stunts with 4 :( no wonder no one ever build a hero helmet from this kit....bummer,totally my fault though :(Posted Image

I dont know much about hero look... but it is already looking good bro. Good job!

One thing that just hit me is all that about the bumps. What is that. Have never read anything about that neither for hero or stunt buckets... Could you write a bit more about that. Or can anybody point me into the light here?

Thx...

Saludos.

Thanks Man! :D

I also just realized about that too!!

It's the bump on the ears that we handpainted it spot,on that picture it is certain that there are only 3 bumps,and boy that's quite sharp pulled too

Forgive me about the yellow arrow,I just saved any reff I could find on the other side :P it's not meant for the bumps mentioned,but it's the cap that trimmed too much if I'm not mistaken lol

Thanks Man! :D

I also just realized about that too!!

It's the bump on the ears that we handpainted it spot,on that picture it is certain that there are only 3 bumps,and boy that's quite sharp pulled too

Forgive me about the yellow arrow,I just saved any reff I could find on the other side :P it's not meant for the bumps mentioned,but it's the cap that trimmed too much if I'm not mistaken lol

Oh! I can see that now.

I was confused by the yellow arrows!

Thx bro! 3 bumps for Hero bucket, noted.

Saludos.

Another thing to think about with the hero lids is that it was actually a different face plate mould when they were pulled. That mould had the extra tooth filled in, so for true screen accuracy, you might want to think about filling in the extra tooth on each side. This would also require you to repaint the faceplate if not the whole helmet, so I don't know if you want to actually take it that far, but just food for thought. Oh, and if you're going to go filling things in, you'd also want to fill in the dimple in the ear where the second screw would go, but then you might as well try and find ear pieces with three bumps instead of four.

I'd say that helmet is looking killer though! I'd love to see pictures of my old AP as you have it now, too!

@Juan,copy that bro,I'm also learning as well

@Zac,thanks a lot man!! And copy,I'll take pics of my helmet from you when the decals arrived

shoot,I forgot the ear dimples,got it,would it be possible to Hot ironing those? That's also what I come up with for the teeth's slope,but,affraid to messed up. I'm affraid to fill it and paint it :D affraid if the paint will looked different with the abs's color

Here's what I tought and found out about this helmet,just in case if there's other my sandy brothers want to make attempt on this helmet,and don't have to deal with hole's mess like I do :P . AP's quite good since it was from abs,but it was originated from stunt helmets,had to work on it harder to get the 'look'. Or instead,get a TM hero,since he's making this helmet and added nuances and details in particular,or find someone that sells GF's hero kit/helmet

- the bottom ear screws should be positioned higher than usual,because

- the neck is also cutted wider than the usual stunts(I think,check out the pic/screencap bellow and compare the way the neck trim goes against the tube). But first make sure that the faceplate's forehead were positioned backwards and the make the 'jaw' more pronounced,it's not just because the cap weren't cutted. Hard to explain,but I hope this pic can do the trick,compare the angle of the faceplate with the back cap. It should be more pronounced,but I'm affraid to do that Posted Image because :P

- I think the eyes doesn't have to be like that,I mean,too close to the cap,altough some hero were like that on screen. What also sets the hero apart from their counterpart is how the eyes were trimmed,not just because it was close to the cap,see the top eye socket for this one(just got these yummy yummy hi res paradise :P)

CORRECT

Posted Image

Posted Image

WRONG

Posted Image

- the right eye 'bump' weren't too pronounced,even if was trimmed evenly against the outer eye socket angle(forgive my explanation :P). I don't know if this because they modified the mold back then for this helmets,but on mine,I trimmed away this bump just like the 'set for stun' style......or something,but what I saw on the SW Helmets it was also like that,again I don't know if it's because of the angle of it or not

- on the ear bottom it should be trimmed very slim against the tube,I was wrong on mine and trimmed the middle way too much on the right ear

mmm I think that's all I can remember for now,a lot that I can't explain lol,if there's any I'll add to this post

cherrio Posted Image how's the 'bubble lens' :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys im done!!

well not really :P

Posted Image

but everything else is :lol:

EDIT : hehe sorry for crappy pics earlier,I've posted new ones :P

8 hours paid off :lol:

hope you like it MEPD!

• 2 weeks later...

Top helmet Erik,he´s a beauty!!!

Did you paint all the helmet details, tube stripes etc.

The out line work on the grey areas are 100%, love the TK tear drop stripes.

Looks spot on accurate nice bro.

Congrats ;)

Top helmet Erik,he´s a beauty!!!

Did you paint all the helmet details, tube stripes etc.

The out line work on the grey areas are 100%, love the TK tear drop stripes.

Looks spot on accurate nice bro.

Congrats ;)

Thank you so much sir!!

Yes sir,they were all handpainted by yours truly :lol:

for the traps i paint using Stukas's way by doing the black lines first,make sure the outer line is perfect,and messy on the inside :P but managed the inside not too messy though so its not affecting the grey too much

the TK 'tear' is painted freehand at first on,then fix any odd-ness with the grey,its the same method i will use for the back tear,as you can see theres no tears yet,only a block in black :PPosted Image

Really Cool bucket bro!!

Great job!

And yes... Are those tube stripes painted? How did you get them so good?

Congrats

Saludos.

Thank you Brother!! :lol:

Yes its handpainted,using the very same way like you did and Rolf and then freehand on the curves

Posted Image

The result,as you can see i'm such a bad painter :P

Posted Image

Luckily i'm working on ABS surface,so i can trick it by using.......TOOTHPICK! :lol::P and added occasionally some body polish paste,a bit. For better working wait till the paint is quite dry(thats approx 1.5 days or more for humbrol in my environment),i'm also fixing some outer black lines on the traps like this too :D

Not reckomended for painted surface though,on painted surface,i'm using also.....toothpick :P but at the tip i put some tissue with some polish paste on it work it gently

Glad you guys like him!!