The Waethering of my first armor

SniperOF

Hey Guys,

last week i receive the colour for my armor.

The first step was to weathering my armor, the next week i must do the helmet, the boots and my pauldron.

What do yo think? Feedback is welcome!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Greetings from germany

Harald

Looks very good bro, well done!

There are a few spots that look a bit painted, like mud, and not so much as dust or sand. But its not too much though. Just check it and judge by yourself. Remember Weathering is a personal thing. I like the less is more approach, so for me the amount looks very good.

One more thing bro, it looks like your canvas belt made the color look different from the armor, happens a lot... Once you wear the pouches and backpack it wont show much... just though you might want consider to make the colors match.

Great job so far.

Saludos

Looks good so far man, like Juan said, it's all personal preference anyway and no wrong way to do it. I personally prefer a dirtier trooper myself.

I would look to add some more around the bottom of the shins/boots and at the bottom of the thighs too, areas where dirt would naturally settle.

I have re-done areas on mine three or four times at this point, until I am happy with it but I don't think it's every really finished lol.

And more a bit on the corners,not all of it,just enough eemount where dirt would naturally go,such as above the 'ammo belt' on the thigh,and also on the left thigh

Hi Harald,

looks nice so far, eventually a little bit "flat".

May I ask which colors you use? I would recommend the Woodland Scenic colors because they have many advantages in comparsion to normal paint. You can scrub ist off completely with alcohol if the weathering went wrong and you can "pad" (tupfen) the color with a paper towel to avoid streaks.

If you like you can contact me via PM and I can give you some tips in german. Will be much easier for me to explain some details which may help you with the weathering.

Cheers,

Joerg / TK-607

I like that it's not overdone. Note that weathering that looks good from 5' tends to disappear at times in photos or from more than 10' away. It looks like one side is a little more done than the other?

Woodland Scenics are great and will rub off on their own. If there are certain details like blast marks that you want to retain you'll need to clear coat over them or use acrylics which are more durable. Personally having to touch up my kit 2x a year or so doesn't bother me - it's pretty fast and allows me to change things up a bit.