Finally my TE1 went dirty

TK-607

Hi folks,

after endless nights of cutting, sanding, painting I finished my TE1 suit just right in time for JC2010.

Here are some pics of the complete armor.

Enjoy ;)

TK-607

Thanks to:

TD-1536 for his neat weathering tutorial and inspiration for a good looking paintjob.

TD-8800 for his photo thread and strapping plan. Helped me alot on building up the suit.

TD-2581 for all his support and trooper parts.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Details:

Weathering lower calf

Abdomen with 3 buttons

Looks good buddy!

Seems to me that you got the right weathering techniques :)

You've done an outstanding job, looks really accurate with the realistic placing of the dirt ;)

Just a little note from my side: Perhaps you should add a little darker tones because that what I see has more red shades.

Cheers Kevin

Thanks for your comments ;)

Yes I painted it. I used PlasticPrimer and "RAL 9010" white glossy Spraypaint (3 layers) before I weathered it. (I used Woodland Scenic colors slate grey, burnt umber and yellow ocher)

Mike's Weathering tutorial is here: http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=4239

Cheers,

TK-607

Thanks for your comments ;)

Yes I painted it. I used PlasticPrimer and "RAL 9010" white glossy Spraypaint (3 layers) before I weathered it. (I used Woodland Scenic colors slate grey, burnt umber and yellow ocher)

Mike's Weathering tutorial is here: http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=4239

Cheers,

TK-607

thanks for informations.

it is cool to see there is a good paint in europe for this, many troopers use Rustoleum white primer and white glossy, it seems to be the best, but only avaible in over sea.

did you used the same reference mark "ral" for the primer or another?

how many spray bottles did you used to paint all the armor and the helmet?

this paint RAL seems to be especially used to be good against "blows and shock", right?

it is nice find i will study this in details when it will be the moment to paint mine.

RAL is a color standard and i knew that 9010 is a white which tends more to a warmer yellow than colder blue grey tone. Due limited brands in my local hardware store (own brand and BELTON) and the "OBI" one had no plastic primer I used BELTON.

Here are the direct links:

BELTON SpectRAL

BELTON Plastic Primer

The paint is scratch resistant and won't go off if you rub over it with the woodland colors. Let the paint cure for 2-3 days to be sure. I used around 4 spraycans (400ml) for the whole suit and color testing. 3 cans will be enough I think.

Cheers,

TK-607

I see the Armor Live at the Jedi Con Weekend,

and i must say what a beauty :-) good work.

It was a pleasure for me to talk with you about some dirty things ;-) lol

Hope to see you again face to face in the future

cheers

Jens

@Jérôme

it was also nice to see and talk with you again :-)