FX Helmet is no longer part of the FISD CRL

Daetrin

Just to let everyone know...

As you all are aware, the FX has been slowly making it's way out of the Legion for some time, most especially on the coasts of the US, Asia, and other parts of Europe. When it comes to the CRL there is confusion as to it's intent and purpose.

This has been clarified by the LMO that the CRL's are references that should describe a recommendation. The GML is free to interpret these and deviate on their own judgment.

As such we held a poll on FISD to see if it's time to remove the FX helmet (HELMET - not the armor) from the CRL. A 70% majority indicated that it should be so. http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=10265

So as of today, I've updated the CRL for all TK costumes covered by FISD to state that the FX is no longer acceptable for based on the CRL.

As always, this does not affect current members or their status at all. The opinion overwhelming of people polled is to grandfather indefinitely current members, and this is also born out by a post regarding policy of the Legion CoG three years ago.

There are ever increasing options for helmets these days that are more accurate and comparable cost to the FX helmet, so it only seems a natural progression, as once we used to allow Marko helmets but no longer.

Questions? Please feel free to chime in.

EDIT: current CRL is at http://www.whitearmor.net/home/crl-overview/crl-anh-stunt.html

All TK's derive from this base suit.

As always, this does not affect current members or their status at all. The opinion overwhelming of people polled is to grandfather indefinitely current members, and this is also born out by a post regarding policy of the Legion CoG three years ago.

Are you saying that FISD EIBs with an FX are to be grandfathered in, or are you saying that any base TK with an FX is grandfathered in indefinitely?

It was my understanding the all EIBs with an FX lost their EIB status.

I'm saying that the CRL does not consider FX helmets as being acceptable.

Detachments have no say over Legion standards, though we are charted to create recommendations, and this recommendation is made after much fact checking of the membership over the years.

For existing members, my understanding from the CoG is that they are grandfathered forever.

For new members, it is up to each GML to decide what is acceptable or not - the detachments have no control over Legion policy in this regard.

For EIB, FX helmets were disallowed two years ago but since we only had one FX applicant (Joey in Bolivia) grandfathering was never an issue as he upgraded.

EDIT : sorry, updated first line :j-p

Edited by Daetrin

I was glad to read this over there as well, for new people there is SO much information and cheaper resources out there now. When I picked up my FX last year, I had already been directed to the FISD and knew before I even finished it, that I wanted a better bucket.

As new people come along and see the same info and pics I did, it's gonna be a no brainer.

You can't stop evolution, just the way it is.

You don't necessarily have to do anything. FX helmets are still accepted by the 501st. If you want to become a "deployed" member of the MEPD or get your "Expert Infantry Badge" from the FISD, you need something more movie accurate (there are plenty of options, even for my size 7 3/4 melon).

But those are completely voluntary and optional, not required. It's up to you.

New to the group,I have an FX helmet, what other choice do I have? It would have to be a larger helmet to get my mug in.

You should see if anyone in your Garrison has an ANH styled helmet that they will let you try on. Most people have been pleasantly surprised to find that they do in fact fit. All ANH helmets must be put on sideways and then turned forward, even the actors had to do it this way. There is one helmet, Kev's OSCS ANH 2.0 that I've heard runs slightly larger than most ANH helmets. His website can be found here: http://www.imperialsurplus.com/. Hope this helps!