my mg-34/dlt-19 build progress pictures

HI GUYZ :)

IV'E WANTED AN MG-34/DLT-19 FOR AGES,BUT CAN'T AFFORD ONE!!! :(

SO IVE TAKEN THE BULL BY THE HORNS AND STARTED A SELF-BUILD!

i started this project 2 days ago,using most of the templates from bbc(some,like the stock were way oversized!!!!!)but i roughly scaled the big templates to the accurate few templates that i printed off to get the size right(i hope!!!!!!)so far ive cut,shaped and sanded the stock,built reciever and trigger assembly (minus details),made grips from abs,and drilled holes for "barrel A",i'm gonna rout a recess and have a spring loaded trigger,ive made the bipod legs,but just need the correct length!

i have a few measurements on the pics as well,but would appreciate correct dimensions from any of my brothers who own an mg/dlt! :) this is still in basic form,but i feel i made a lot of progress in 2 days,i am having trouble getting the pipe connector with the "nut" on for the muzzle as well,so if any of my bro's in the uk know where i can source one that would be great! :)

the pipe i'm using for the barrel is 1" and a quarter,as we dont seem to use 1" pvc pipe in the uk!

your feedback would be appreciated

Fantastic mate, I'm working on the same build and had the same problem with the template scale and the pipe dimension... I havntvhad much time to work on it recently... Have got as far as cutting the stock, trigger section and receiver... Still gave to get them sanded an tidied up and ur post has inspired me to get stuck in this weekend...

I think ur stock and receiver look fantastic.

Can I ask where u got the abs for the handle?

Good luck with it...