Holster Placement

So I know that TDs don't wear them, however; I don't want to carry my E11 around all the time at cons (and I where non cannon stuff anyway) My question is which side do you guys put them on? I know ANH is left side whilst ESB and ROTJ are on the right.

I just replaced my belt and my old holster setup was on the right side, it however; was really hard to get back into the holster with my pouch being right there as well. I'm right handed, but drawing and possing left handed would not be a problem I've played around a bit and it makes the e11 look a bit better (see the clip, etc)

What do you guys think? Those with holsters, what did you do? Pictures?

Now and again on non-canon troops, I will carry my e-ll, holstered. I am just using my old TK canvas belt that has two snaps in the belt, on the left side. The holster easily un-snaps when I don't want to use it. I'll look for a pic and post it up, or take one real quick.

I know someone posted a picture before, and at some point I might do something similar for non-canon events. I would mount my E11 on the left side of the backpack (where the “laboratory pipe” would be). I was considering making some kind of fancy bracket / rare earth magnet attachment so that the blaster points upwards, then “clicks” into place.

I know someone posted a picture before, and at some point I might do something similar for non-canon events. I would mount my E11 on the left side of the backpack (where the “laboratory pipe” would be). I was considering making some kind of fancy bracket / rare earth magnet attachment so that the blaster points upwards, then “clicks” into place.

Very cool idea, have to keep that in mind when I get my pack done.

That is a pretty cool idea actually.

I just like carrying mine though. B)

When i finish my pack, I'll probably do this and put a tutorial up. :)

It's now expected of you and will be met with severe disappointment if you don't.

Just kidding. ;)

It'll be cool if you do it though!

I have seen that pic recently as well, the E-11 was mounted on somebody's pack on the left side, it was interesting.

It's now expected of you and will be met with severe disappointment if you don't.

Just kidding. ;)

It'll be cool if you do it though!

Don't worry, I'll do it. I've got a bunch of things I'm working on right now, and I almost always take pictures during the process so making tutorials is easy and helps everyone. Troopers helping troopers!

Just to throw a bit more here...

The only time I wore a holster in the last 2 years was in Halloween when I was a TD dressed up as a TK!

Same weathered TD armor, but no pauldron, pack or pouches... just my old TK holster and an E11.

LOL... no one understood what was so funny about wearing a "costume" and not an armor. Too geek I guess...

Anyway...

I would suggest to wear it on the left, cause thats the ANH style and for one simple reason, thats the easiest way to put your e11 inside it, cause the other way around you have to either put it backwards, or take off the ammo magazine from the side.

Thats what I think anyway.

Hope it helps.

Saludos.

I've always thought that the sandtroopers would have carried their E-11s in these in real life:

http://www.ima-usa.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_214_59/products_id/1530?osCsid=26c7ac2b0fd59829695bfd66e1fe6351

Since the E-11s are are, after all, Sterlings. And the sandtroopers are sortof "special forces" like the SAS and have lots of cool ammo pouches like this "Sterlingn SAS Assault Pack."

Posted Image

I like the pouch idea!

I think another way to mount one would be with a leg / thigh holster. The TK ones just "hang" off a belt and kind of flop around. But it might be cool to have a thigh holster, attached to the belt with a V garter, then the holster is strapped around the thigh, Han Solo / special ops style. I'll do a drawing of it.

• 1 month later...

I ordered a Sterling pouch from IMA and took it apart A buddy dyed it and it looks AWESOME! you can get a holster with ammo pouch on it, another ammo pouch, a tool pouch and a patch of cloth perfect for mounting patches on it. as soon as i get pictures of it i will post them.

I ordered a Sterling pouch from IMA and took it apart A buddy dyed it and it looks AWESOME! you can get a holster with ammo pouch on it, another ammo pouch, a tool pouch and a patch of cloth perfect for mounting patches on it. as soon as i get pictures of it i will post them.

Looking fwd to seeing them!!! I know there are a few in my garrison looking at custom options, as it were, and this might be a good one...

ok here they are open and set up,

opened,

Posted Image

when it comes from the manufacturer, the holster is in the middle between the 2 ammo pouches with the tool kit inside as well, and the "Extra" piece is what holds the bottom of the holster to the ammo pouch. we took it apart and sewed up the loose ends and dyed them black. we are going to die them again to set it in deeper.

tied up

Posted Image

now the only thing i can think of that would be needed is to attach or tie the ammo pouches/holster to the thigh pieces to keep them from flapping around. we are going to put the tool kit on one bicep or shoulder, and the patch holder on the other. what do you think?