Squeaky-clean TE Armor

hpdblues

Hey gang,

I just wanted to update y'all on the new squeaky-clean TE stormtrooper armor endeavor. I know it appears backward but I started my 501st affliation with the good old tried and true FX armor. But when I was introduced to TE armor through TK-409's website, I KNEW I HAD TO GET DIRTY!

TE provided me with the armor, the marmit-style backpack kit that I'm wearing now and lots of encouragement!

So, THIS TE armor will remain my vanilla, standard-issue, squeaky-clean, dress whites. Here's some photos. Updates as they happen. Stay tuned boys & girls. Same bat time, same bat channel.

Take care & aloha friends!

Guns

Posted Image

First, start with TE armor in the raw. Also seen are the CAboots AND Sci-fire hyper-firm Blastech E-11 blaster!

Posted Image

The tale of two buckets.

Posted Image

TK-2581.5 and first item completed - the thermal detonator.

Posted Image

TE armor trimmed, painted and waiting for the industrial velcro and the strapping system.

Posted Image

Our 3 year old Pom-Chi, Samantha, always watching her "daddy" playing with his armor.

Posted Image

Rust-oleum Professional Grade Glossy white spray paint was used for armor & bucket. To my surprise I recently learned that TE has also used Krylon spray paint which I used on my TE sandtrooper armor with acceptable results.

Posted Image

Bucket painted and waiting for detailing - Hovi Mix, speakers and high grade decals ON ORDER.

A lot of fun, isn't it?? I should be having some fun over the next few months, too.

Having around a second clean kit is always good for when the required uniform is "Clean, white TKs" at certain social functions. It's a shame, though... because Sandtroopers get all the attention.

Nice!! Of course what much time between the Untrimmed and Trimmed photos?

Dang, with all you guys getting a second set of armor I might have to look into getting another set too! Of course after I finish up school December and I get the job i am going for.

Hey Joe,

The elapsed time from untrimmed to trimmed was approximately 6-7 days, trimming a couple hours in the evenings. I took my time and enjoyed handling the armor and yes, it was christened by a sliced finger thank you very much!

Also since I had all the experiences from my TE sandtrooper armor, I went ahead and trimmed down all the thigh & calf armor.

Guns

It's a shame, though... because Sandtroopers get all the attention.

I hear that, TD-1536! Looks great Guns. Let me know if you need me to come over to help with anything.

Thanks my brother!

Welcome back my friend. See ya night at Aloha Tower for some Pac501st Halloween trooping! CHEEHOO!

And yes my compadres, TE sandtrooper armor, black pauldron, Sci-fire hyper-firm rubber MG-34/DLT-19, and Marmit-style backpack, yeah ah huh!

Guns