Hand Plates

Caomhanach

The Garrison GML asked me about these handplates...

Cheese grater hand plate for TD's.

Now in general the rectangular hand plate is considered cannon, but some where along the way another hand plate was thought to be the cheese grater hand plate. I've always wondered what the origin of this style plate came from.

Below is a plate that at one time was offered by some one called EVO3.

Posted Image

Was this version just a fan made interpretation gone wrong, or is there some validity to the design. Could it be based on a game or comic/ statue design?

Any one got any info on this.

Is this a handplate used in the film, and one I have not noticed here, or is it a custom build?

Hi folks, I'm the originator of the question to Mike. I've seen this plate used by a few approved TD's but with the move and push toward a legion wide CRL system to stream line the application process, I'm unclear if this plate has the required reference for approvals.

That's the officer side of the quest, the personal side is that I'm beginning my own TD build and may be interested in utilizing this variant for it. Which begs the question of who produces these plates and from what material.

In keeping with standard methods, keep any maker information to PM to either Mike or myself.

The Garrison GML asked me about these handplates...

Is this a handplate used in the film, and one I have not noticed here, or is it a custom build?

i Scratch Built my hand plate, because the one that you show is not really accurate! i wanted to use it on the beginning of my building armor but it really far away that what we can seen on screen.

mine is better, not perfect it's right, but just better.

the hand plate that you show have two big problems : the form is really wrong and the nails position is really false!!

here two pictures of mine :

Posted Image

Posted Image

The only image that I can think of that shows an alternate hand plate is here: http://www.mepd.net/photo_gallery/Photo_Al..._Scenes.html#15.

I've lost all my reference images with the death of a hard drive, so if anyone has definitive photographic evidence of an alternate hand plate, I'd love to see!

as far as i can tell these style of handplates weren´t screenused!

these handplates were very common a couple of years ago on ebay and such.

i believe they were misinterpreted from the low resolution pictures available at that time.

at least that would be my interpretation where these origin from!