Weathering new TE2 armor...

iconoclasta_88

I finished assembling my new TE2 armor a few weeks ago, but only yesterday I started weathering it.

After having done the weathering for a few armors (mine and others) I wanted to be very very careful with this and work every spot in detail to what I really wanted.

So, it may take me a few days (against a few hours it took me the first time), but based on my first pieces yesterday and taking in consideration that I have a bit more experience now, I hope it will come out just as I dream of.

I am using the multilayer technique with water based acrylic paints (the ones used by kids in elementary school). Colors: Black, dark mustard, cream, and redish brown (sorry I dont know the names translations).

After this, Im planning to spread a bit of dark yellow pigment and just a bit of brown pigment, using hair spray. And finally hair spraying the whole thing to protect the weathering.

I will be going from more weathered to less from the feet to the bucket. I like the less is more approach.

Here is a picture of the first two pieces (the shins):

Posted Image

Pls let me know what do you think.

Thx.

Saludos.

That's a dirty set of shins Juan, I like the different earth/colour tones you have used..

If your whole armor is going to get the same treatment it will look bad *** for sure..

A mi me gusta asi hermano!! :duim:

Thx a lot Nol, Nick and ducthy...

I like how it is turning out and hearing good input for you makes me even happier.

Here are a few pictures of the thighs, ab and back and chest pieces... I kept on using the same technicque and colors.

I tried to copy (in my own interpretation) the stains in the move along trooper armor. It kind of resembles it but its a bit different specially in colors.

I though I would go for less is more, but at the end I think I kept adding more and more dirt to make it more similar to the screen used armor. I know it is not very similar, but its inspired by it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

And heres an extra picture, I added the dark circle to my pauldron... hehehe. I liked it.

Posted Image

What do you think?

Thx for your comments.

Saludos.

Loooks good all the way Juan, nice weathering job.

The pauldron circle are top cool too :duim:

Thx man!

I like the circle a lot. hehehe...

i think it is really good, and not seem to have too much weathering.

can't wait to see more :)

(and i also wanted to put this circle on my pauldron ha ha :P you just do it a little before!! :lol:

nice idea ;) )

Thx bro. At the end it doesn't seem to look too weathered, Im happy with thar.

hehe... the circle rocks!!

Coming along nicely Juan, good work

Thx bro!

looking great to me :D

:D Thx!

THX for all your comments.

Saludos...

Almost done!

I have finished weathering the body armor, now I just need to finish the helmet and thats its.

I hope to do that tonite. But in the mean time, here are a few pictures of how it is so far.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I like it.

What do you think?

Still need to think about how will I weather the pauldron, if I do it. Maybe just a bit of hairspray and dust.

Saludos.

THX Nol, Rolf and Patrick...

I was a bit doubtful about the waethering pattern... Specially because I was aiming for a less is more approach weathering. At the end it was not so much dirt on the armor but it was a bit more than expexted specially on the chest. But it looks now just perfect and the way I think how a TD should look.

All the armor toguether looks great IMHO.

I havent wear it yet, but hopefully tomorrow I will have some time and try it and take some pictures...

In the mean time, I have finished weathering the bucket and here are some pictures.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

With my new Trooper1 pauldron:

Posted Image

I am also adding some pictures of the inside, will probably post them in the building thread too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So, what do you guys think?

Thx a lot for all your comments and input.

Saludos...

Thx a lot Nol, Nick and ducthy...

I like how it is turning out and hearing good input for you makes me even happier.

Here are a few pictures of the thighs, ab and back and chest pieces... I kept on using the same technicque and colors.

I tried to copy (in my own interpretation) the stains in the move along trooper armor. It kind of resembles it but its a bit different specially in colors.

I though I would go for less is more, but at the end I think I kept adding more and more dirt to make it more similar to the screen used armor. I know it is not very similar, but its inspired by it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

And heres an extra picture, I added the dark circle to my pauldron... hehehe. I liked it.

Posted Image

What do you think?

Thx for your comments.

Saludos.

COOOOOOOOOL BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!! B)

Saludos.

Juan, I just noticed this sentence in your post and had to laugh - because it exactly describes my feelings when weathering my armour!

At first, I wanted just a bit but then I added more and more...and more...! :lol:

But your turned out great!

Cheers

Patrick

• 2 weeks later...

Posted Image

What do you think?

Thx for your comments.

Saludos.

Hi Juan.

How did you make the dark circle.

And what did you use...

I might wanna make the circle too on mine as well here.

Cheers :)

Hi Juan.

How did you make the dark circle.

And what did you use...

I might wanna make the circle too on mine as well here.

Cheers :)

Hey there bro?

It was really easy...

I just cut out circle from a blue masking tape mask over and placed it on the pouldron. Then using diluted black paint and a sponge, painted it. After that, I cleaned up a little paint with a napkin. Removed the blue masking tape mask and that was it.

Was that uderstandable??? HEHEHE...

If not, I can do it again and take some pictures (except for the painting of course).

I think it came out very good.

I like it.

Hope it helps.

Saludos.

Hey there bro?

It was really easy...

I just cut out circle from a blue masking tape mask over and placed it on the pouldron. Then using diluted black paint and a sponge, painted it. After that, I cleaned up a little paint with a napkin. Removed the blue masking tape mask and that was it.

Was that uderstandable??? HEHEHE...

If not, I can do it again and take some pictures (except for the painting of course).

I think it came out very good.

I like it.

Hope it helps.

Saludos.

Thanks for the info on it bro :)

I get the picture of it.

And i think i will try it out my self too.

I like that the same pauldron was used on most of the sandtrooper shots we see in ANH.

The cantina:

Posted Image

Falcon taking off:

Posted Image

Dok 94:

Posted Image

The pod (i´m not 100% sure here, but i think the circle is here too):

Posted Image

The road block:

Posted Image

To me it looks like, the circle goes a bit down in the pauldron.

Maybe i will try to make that too, but not sure how.

Posted Image

Cheers from Mr. Circleman :D

To me it looks like, the circle goes a bit down in the pauldron.

Maybe i will try to make that too, but not sure how.

Cheers from Mr. Circleman :D

Yep. I think you are right. Mine looks to be a bit too near the neck and too small... Will try and correct that on the weekend. good luck I used water based paint.

THX bro.

Saludos!