Sniper knee question

Plastic Fury

Having an issue with my sniper knee plate. I mounted it flush to the calf and it basically smashes against my knee cap and just below it. It also now tends to go under my thigh, I figured this might happen. With the TK, I have that knee plate angled downward a bit and away from my leg, this keeps it from getting under the thigh and also from hitting my actual knee cap. I am worried that the plate will be broken off from pressure of my leg or being caught?

I have been thinking of building a small shim angled so the knee plate will angle down a bit, to bring it away from my knee.

Has anybody else run into this issue and if you have, what was your fix??

Thanks

I know what you mean.

What I did has gluing together 3 trips of plastic, each one longer than the next one. Starting with a strip about 1 inch long and finishing with a 2 inch long strip. The 3 strips then form some kindof triangle with a 90 degree angle a long base and a "short" height.

This I then glued to the shin with the 90 degree angle on the higher part of the shim and the long base on the shin wall (does that makes sense)... and then glueing the sniper plate to that.

It gives the sniper plate a small degree away from the shim and from the thigh, so now it does not touch each other at any moment...

This has worked for me great....

I will come back with pictures sometime in the weekend.

Hope it helps...

Saludos.

I just added a shim to mine the other day. It's angled ever-so-slightly now outward. Just enough to not smack against my kneecap every time I move. But it still goes under the thigh now-and-then.

I'll get some pics if you need them. B)