armor help

Krenn

didnt realy scim threw the forums much as i have been busy and been celebrating my 22nd b-day today

but i got sand trooper armor from someone in the 501st and i was woundering if there are any tutorials on how to put on armor or something as i am having some trouble. i plan on taking pictures today and filling out an app to join the 501st and then mped cant much do that with out having the armor on

the guy i bought it from told me some things but i forgot some and gave me a piece of paper on what parts to put first but it is a little confusing and i was woundering if there is an actual detailed walk threw/ video on how to do it

ready?

first congrats!

this how i've learned to do it.

undersuit and neckseal

boots

calves

thighs/lower armor

upper armor to include shoulders biceps

(at this point you would put on your pack if you have one)

gloves

forearms

hand plates

BAM!

sandtrooper!

i hope this helps!

thank you ill go try that

ya the directions he gave3 me were close but he said do thighs and belt the prob is the belt is connected to the abs/lower part and that was farther down the list

and i dont realy remember what he told me

Just in case, this is how I do it:

-Undersuit and neck seal

-Thighs

-boots

-calves

-Lower body armor

-Belt with ammo pouches

-Upper body armor w shoulder bells and upper arms

-Backpack and shoulder pouch

-Pauldron (at this stage I most of the times need assistance)

-Gloves

-Lower arms

-Handplates

-Bucket

-BFG!!!!

Hope it helps.

Saludos

Just in case, this is how I do it:

-Undersuit and neck seal

-Thighs

-boots

-calves

-Lower body armor

-Belt with ammo pouches

-Upper body armor w shoulder bells and upper arms

-Backpack and shoulder pouch

-Pauldron (at this stage I most of the times need assistance)

-Gloves

-Lower arms

-Handplates

-Bucket

-BFG!!!!

Hope it helps.

Saludos

Yep, thats the way I do it too ;-)

how would i go about fixing all the undersuit showing i know some is ok but i dont want alot

If you could post some pictures, maybe we could give you some advice... It would be easier for everyone to come up with suggestions and for you to get more ideas from everyone.

:)

Saludos.

as i promised here are the pictures

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

for those that may be woundering i didnt put the backpack on cause i just blew my back out last night at work

please let me know what iu should do to my armor if anything and if i should do more pictures

im trying to find a friend that knows how to actualy take pictures lol

well i bought the t-21 and one of the mgs from CC but i havent gottent them yet bought them like 3 months ago around the end of sept the beginning of october

but i do have the dc-15 short

thank you

my b-day was great

Hi Krenn,

Nice looking armor...

I do have a couple of ideas, hope they help.

-To "cover" that black areas between the crotch plate and the thighs, maybe you want to try and add a couple of elastics going from the top of the thighs to a belt under your ab plate. (This is my building thread where I have some diagrams that might help)

-Also, the forearms seem to be to low. There are two things you could do: glue some foam strips on the inside (you can use air conditioning filters from most any hardware store or even some spermarkets as walmart); or ad an elastico going from the forearm to the bicep and then another from the bicep to the shoulder bell. Again my diagram might be of help.

-One last thing, maybe change the black velcro on the shoulder bell to white velcro. Just for looks sake. Or even better, attach the shoulder pouch to the backpack strap instead of to the shuoulder bell. This is more comfortable and more accurate.

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=5844

Hope this helps...

Saludos.

thanks

ill get working on that

ya i have some foam i am putting in the forearms. i am thinking of switching the black strab out for a white strap so it it does show its not as visible lol..

thank you for all your help. going to start that this week and have it finished either before i go to minnisota for christmas or after

going down to the bay area for thanksgiving but we will see