Weathering question

Juliusthegreat

Nov 12:

Ok, Here is how the armour looks now after doing some more weathering to it. Keep in mind that still some dirt don´t show so good on the pictures like they do irl.

I will add some green but just only some dots here and there. I know the shoes are not so dirty but I think after a few troops they get dirty enought anyway and also they look more dirty when you see them closer.

I hope this will be good enought to start with, I am kinda pleased since it´s my first weathering but not the last :).

I think you are overthinking it.

Don't try to rationalize how it would look in real life, just make it look like it does in the movies

Yes thats true, but since they look so very different in the movies it´s not so easy. Some have rather much dirt and some almost have nothing.

I also know it´s up to me how little or much I want the dirt on my armour. But always helps to get some advice and answers from people here.

Thanks.

It looks good already... but, and this is just a thought, doesn't it feels a bit more like clone weathering rather than TD...

I guess you could add some more earth colors to the grays and blacks...

But thats up to you and how you like it.

Saludos.

There is a little earth color but you don´t see it on the pictures. I guess a little more wouldn´t hurt :) .

I think you could go a lot dirtier especially in all the cracks and seams. Pile it on, you can alway wipe it off to your liking.

I am going to add a little more in the cracks, but the balance between to much or to little is very hard to find :) .

A little more dirt to the armour is soon there.

Thanks.

You have a point.

my "opinion' is that you need more dirt accumulation in the cracks and crevices.

I have to go with this one, but always keep in mind that weathering is something personal and sometimes the pictures don't do your work any good due to bad lighting etc..

Also what Iconoclasta says should be taken into cosideration, but in the end it's all up to you.

Most troopers over here did their weathering over for several times( I did mine 3 times :huh: ) untill they reached the effect/ result they wanted.

Practice makes perfect ;)

I have to go with this one, but always keep in mind that weathering is something personal and sometimes the pictures don't do your work any good due to bad lighting etc..

Also what Iconoclasta says should be taken into cosideration, but in the end it's all up to you.

Most troopers over here did their weathering over for several times( I did mine 3 times :huh: ) untill they reached the effect/ result they wanted.

I have done some more work on my armour now, will try get new pics up asap here. I have filled more cracks etc. with more colours and even added a new colour and mixed 3 different colours into one.

And I agree, that in the end it´s all up to me.

Thanks for the input :D .

This is what I'm finding too- that weathering is a work in progress. I way overdid my first time around and am just about done toning it down. Then I'll walk away and come back.

I'm no expert but it looks as if you might have used a blackwash technique or something similar, which is fine but is seen more on clones... the earthy colors really do the trick. If you haven't already look into some type of weathering powder or the like.

Your progress looks great by the way. Keep going!

This is what I'm finding too- that weathering is a work in progress. I way overdid my first time around and am just about done toning it down. Then I'll walk away and come back.

I'm no expert but it looks as if you might have used a blackwash technique or something similar, which is fine but is seen more on clones... the earthy colors really do the trick. If you haven't already look into some type of weathering powder or the like.

Your progress looks great by the way. Keep going!

Yes I think I used the blackwash technique first a little by misstake. I hope it looks better now, and will add some more later. Like you say: it is easy to overdo it :D .

Don´t worry about going to far or too near... As long as you can wipe it off and start again it's no big deal. As dutchy said, most of us have done our weathering several times before being happy with it. For me it was 3 times for the armor and 2 for the helmet.

Saludos...

Don´t worry about going to far or too near... As long as you can wipe it off and start again it's no big deal. As dutchy said, most of us have done our weathering several times before being happy with it. For me it was 3 times for the armor and 2 for the helmet.

Saludos...

I guess the armour never really is completly done. Always some changes that can be made :D.

I guess the armour never really is completly done. Always some changes that can be made :D.

HEHE...

Itr took me 3 years to complete my first armor to my liking... One week after finishing it, I ordered a new one. LOL... building an armor is a job that never ends. And if it does end, you can always get another one. LOL!!

Saludos.