Newb questions...

murray1134

I've been researching on here and nearly going blind looking at screen caps posted. Among other things, I'm trying to figure out the pouches and placement.

I was thinking about these questions right here http://www.ima-usa.com/product_info.php/cP...products_id/325. I was thinking one on the shoulder and on my hip would be good. Would the 3+1 be better on the hip or on the shoulder? It seems in the screencaps you can see just about every variation of pouches possible.

Also, I seem to have misplaced the link for the FX ab plate conversion. I thought I saw someone selling the pieces on here, but I can't seem to find it again.

Thats the same exact pouches I bought, they are very easy to dye black, you can see mine HERE

I like the look of the 3+1 on the shoulder so that is how I plan to place them, and the other on the belt, on the right side.

For the ab conversion, you can try THIS. I ordered a set from him but wound up making my own from scratch anyway.

About the pouches, I guess it depends on which version of TD are you trying to make or if you just want to have a "generic" TD.

The 3+1 pouches is most commonly used on the shoulder to make the "Move Along" trooper or the "Look Sir, Dorids" trooper. When using this pouch, it is common to use a leather 3 pocket MP40 pouch or a Stolla Wien pouch. You could use even one or two of this pouches on your belt.

But this is just one configuration, as you have seen, there are many many ways to use these pouches, and many pouches to chose from.

Just go with what makes you happy. One of the most iconic TDs is the move along indeed, but feel free to use your pouches anyway you want, as long as you are happy with your TD look.

Hope it helps.

Saludos.

Thanks for the great info. It helps a lot.

I think I already know the answer to this question, but I just wanted to make sure. Is it required to have a pouch on your shoulder? Or is that just one of the many configurations that are accepted?

Thanks for the great info. It helps a lot.

I think I already know the answer to this question, but I just wanted to make sure. Is it required to have a pouch on your shoulder? Or is that just one of the many configurations that are accepted?

Yes, a shoulder pouch is required for deployment.

The deployment requirements are not for a specific TD as seen on the film, but what the detachment looks for as an idealized Sandtrooper. In other words: What a Sandtrooper should be (based on what can be seen in ANH).

There are many configurations of TDs all over the SW Universe, including the ANH, the SE, and some variations that might be seen in different comics, illustrations, action figures and all that. You can make your TD anyway you want, but if you are aiming for deployment, you do need to meet this requirements:

http://www.mepd.net/require/

This includes the pouches, armor and helmet modifications, weapons, field pack and weathering...

Ask as many questions as you need, we are happy to help. But also do your homework and search the forum different threads. Lots of info over here. You can find an answer for almost every question you might have. Lots of research has been done by great people over here for a long time now. Take a look and enjoy the hobbie.

Hope it helps.

Saludos.

Yes, a shoulder pouch is required for deployment.

The deployment requirements are not for a specific TD as seen on the film, but what the detachment looks for as an idealized Sandtrooper. In other words: What a Sandtrooper should be (based on what can be seen in ANH).

There are many configurations of TDs all over the SW Universe, including the ANH, the SE, and some variations that might be seen in different comics, illustrations, action figures and all that. You can make your TD anyway you want, but if you are aiming for deployment, you do need to meet this requirements:

http://www.mepd.net/require/

This includes the pouches, armor and helmet modifications, weapons, field pack and weathering...

Ask as many questions as you need, we are happy to help. But also do your homework and search the forum different threads. Lots of info over here. You can find an answer for almost every question you might have. Lots of research has been done by great people over here for a long time now. Take a look and enjoy the hobbie.

Hope it helps.

Saludos.

Dead on!

I've been researching on here and nearly going blind looking at screen caps posted. Among other things, I'm trying to figure out the pouches and placement.

I was thinking about these questions right here http://www.ima-usa.com/product_info.php/cP...products_id/325. I was thinking one on the shoulder and on my hip would be good. Would the 3+1 be better on the hip or on the shoulder? It seems in the screencaps you can see just about every variation of pouches possible.

Also, I seem to have misplaced the link for the FX ab plate conversion. I thought I saw someone selling the pieces on here, but I can't seem to find it again.

I have the same pouches as yours described above and spray painted them black. I have a general ab plate that you would need to cut, paint and fit into your armor if you want one. I also have one that fits FX ab plates. They are both from vendors on this forum.

• 1 month later...

I used the tan pouches because when I've tried to die green things black in the past, they always had a greenish tint to them. No such problem with the tan version.

Then again, I used leather dye on my pouches which is probably a lot stronger than regular fabric dye and might be able to overpower the green canvass.

Dying a green canvas pouch black shouldn't be a problem since we cant be 100% sure at the moment if the actual canvas 3+1 pockets pouches were black or if they were green but turned black with use and aging due to dirt, oil and other stuff.

Some people (as myself) think that the pouches we see in the movie are actually green and not black, but look black because of the film grain, lighting, and aging...

This is how my pouch looks at the moment. Dyed it with regular black cloth dye in a few steps/layers technique.

Posted Image

Painting the pouches 100% black is good, but so is leaving them dark green/blackish. To date it is a matter of personal preference. As long as they look similar to what we see in ANH, I think it is ok.

Or has there been any new finding or change in the deployment requirements? Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Thx a lot...

Saludos.

• 2 weeks later...