First Newbie Question

supatroop

Hi Guys,

Ive had a good read through most of the topics and its a wealth of information Thanks guys.

So here is my first Question im sorry if its been covered before but i cant find reference to it any where.

Ive read that the Shoulder Straps were different on the Sandtrooper to that of the Stormtrooper, if this is true then what do you guys use instead.

Many thanks

The best answer would simply be to use straps, plastic or otherwise, underneath the chest and back, and over the shoulders. With that said however, the chest and back in the movie had "straps" of sorts in the sense that the platic continued on from those pieces much more than how most fan armor is trimmed. (Did that make sense?) Many folks here, having long since trimmed that excess away (or not having had it in the first place) stick with the tk straps. I left mine, for now anyway. The pauldron & pouch cover them for the most part.

I believe the Sandy straps were smooth (not ribbed)

I'll see about proving it.

As far as using the TK straps- go ahead, nobody will say anything.

What I did for mine;

Rivet some black leather straps (an old belt) between the front & back pieces.

Then attatch the white abs straps over those.

I also riveted some nylon straps to the leather straps to hold up my shoulder bells.

make sense?

AFAIK,The sandies didn't have any plastic shoulder straps.On the movie suit's,they had a white cotton canvas strap underneath which connected the chest to the back plate.It was glued to the back,and 'snapped' to the chest.It also had two,possibly three more snaps along it's length,to allow for some adjustment.Just my .02