help in starting weathering process

Daric LaRone

OK, so I have weathered my clone and I really enjoyed the process and the results. I figured I'd used much of the same techniques on my soon-to-be TD. However I have come to the experts for guidance.

I figured I'd use a combo of blackwash and weathering powder that some of the clones use...

Posted Image

For my clone I used the Grimy Grey and the Dust Bowl Brown.

Posted Image

Posted Image

What do you guys think I should use for the TD then? A few of these colors or a combo of all in varying layers?

They also have these colors which I could also order...

Posted Image

The middle set there is Light Rust (lower left), Med Rust (lower right), Dark Rust (upper left), and Soot (upper right).

If you think it would be helpful I could apply each color to a scrap piece of ABS so you can really see how it would look on armor.

Please give me some good advice! Thanks.

i think your clone looks nice!! If i were you i would use your clone for refference on weathering the helmet(tone down the ash...maybe no ash color at all) B)

Posted Image

Posted Image

however it looks like your weathering makes the armor looked less glossy(which is the correct way for eps2 clones) here you see sandtroopers doesnt loose it gloss(well not too glossy like stormtroopers that is)

i made mistake on my weathering and it looks dull now

and heres an example for heavily weathered sandtrooper,believed to be one of the first scene on tatooine and the weathering still fresh! :D

Posted ImagePosted Image

same scene shot but the weathering looks lighterPosted Image

another,look at the shoulder bell Posted Image

many of these images are distorted by filter,lights and many more,so it is best you to experiment,and decide what you like best :)

meh...you already weathered a clone,you'll know what to do lol :lol: