Building a TE2 TD armor.

iconoclasta_88

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright!

Ill do it this sometime this weekened (probably tonite) and come back with some pictures...

I cant wait to finish this but patience is something I have learned in my years of prop and armor building...

Thx bro!

Saludos.

You got it bro.

I´m sure, it will make it look even more accurate cool B)

This is not even close to be a big step, but its one that I am very happy with: The hovi's.

I got Keith's mic tips and they are just awesome!! I think they were the best choice for my new bucket. The only thing I had to do is paint them completely black (flat black) and then I used a swab to rub off some of the paint from the metal grid.

This is how it came out.

Posted Image

I also painted the inside of my bucket flat Black. So this is where I pause...

I know it is not the way the buckets were put together in ANH, and I have taken so much time and effort to make my armor as screen accurate as possible that I can only think of WTF???? But, at the end of the day, I prefer to have my buckets painted black on the inside... It just makes me feel like having a real stormtrooper helmet and not a prop replica. I know its weird, but, well... thats the way I like it. :)

What do you all think about this?

Anyway, the bucket will be finished in the most screen accurate way possible. Hand painted or handpainted look, correct paint color and materials, star shape foam, elastic chin strap, etc.. The only difference will be the black interior.

And anyway, Im dreaming of making an "exact" prop replica helmet next year. With all the paint chipping and age flaws...

So, I will come back with pictures of my bucket when its more finished.

THX for any comments.

Saludos.

many trooper paint there bucket black inside.

it is a good way but not accurate, the main interest is to not see the bucket inside far away the hole lenses... i don't know another usefull.

the Keith's mic tips are the best as i know but, i thought there were no available since few months.

i wonder how did you find it, because i will need it for my new bucket :D

many trooper paint there bucket black inside.

it is a good way but not accurate, the main interest is to not see the bucket inside far away the hole lenses... i don't know another usefull.

the Keith's mic tips are the best as i know but, i thought there were no available since few months.

i wonder how did you find it, because i will need it for my new bucket :D

Yep, that was the reason I painted my first bucket black, but then I liked how it looks so I continued doing it (this is my fourth bucket now).

I got Keith's mic tips a few months ago. I just have been saving them for this bucket since long before I even asked Guns for it.

Have you asked Keith?

thx for your comment bro... hope you find your mic tips...

Saludos.

After a long day at work, almost nothing beats coming back and work on my TD.

So here it is,(a very exciting moment) a preview of the face of my new TD... It is made to resemble the Move Along Trooper... lot of care and love were put into this bucket, so I hope you feel as I do, that it does look a lot like it.

I specially like the eyes, how they are trimmed and how they even have the flaws of the original one.

It is not perfect and its far from finished, but, what do you guys think?

Any comments are welcome and I can use more help. So far all your comments have been very useful and inspiring.

Posted Image

Given the difference in distance from the camera, lighting and lenses, of course it doesn't look exactly the same, but I think it looks a lot like the real thing.

I do know I screwed it up in the right ear (too much room between the helmet and the ear) and that the hovi's are still not in the correct place 100% (specially the left one), but I will work on this during these weekend and hopefully will finish it soon.

So, What do you think?

THX a lot.

Saludos.

Looks very a like Juan.

You should be happy whit it, i think.

Looking good so far, keep up the good work.

I can´t wait, to see it all put together asap.

Troop on bro :)

Thx bro. I am really happy with it. Now I want to finish it and look how it turns out.. :D

And I want to wear my complete armor for the first time soon!!

Nice work, Juan!

Your helmet looks awesome - and so much like the original!

Cheers

Patrick

THX Patrick!! It makes me happy to hear that!

Saludos.

Looking really good! Only suggestion is that it looks like the arch of the black brow is a bit higher up on the right side than the left on the original? (right side when we look at the picture, not right side when wearing). But that might only be because of the angle the picture is taken, i am not sure. Anyway, it looks really good, keep up the good work!

Looking really good! Only suggestion is that it looks like the arch of the black brow is a bit higher up on the right side than the left on the original? (right side when we look at the picture, not right side when wearing). But that might only be because of the angle the picture is taken, i am not sure. Anyway, it looks really good, keep up the good work!

Yes I think you are right. It seems that the move along helmet has an non asymmetrical arch, higher on the righ (as seen from the front). I tried to replicate that, but made some mistakes there and had to correct it with extra plastic... kindof a mess there. Anyway, my bucket is supposed to have that same non asymmetrical arch.

It does not show in the picture, probably due to angle and all that. But it kindof looks like that in person. But I guess a second look at that wont hurt. :)

Thx for your comment bro.

Saludos.

nice job Juan as always! ;)

but you don't paint the helmet and the armor in white?

On my two TE2 sandtrooper suits, i did not paint them white.

When the woodland weathering, and gloss hair spray comes on.

You can´t see if its painted or not, and you have a solid armor for trooping, so no paint scratch off while trooping.

Here is a few pic of my old non painted TE2 armor...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

On my two TE2 sandtrooper suits, i did not paint them white.

When the woodland weathering, and gloss hair spray comes on.

You can´t see if its painted or not, and you have a solid armor for trooping, so no paint scratch off while trooping.

Here is a few pic of my old non painted TE2 armor...

i already know this Rolf, but i was thinking that Juan will paint his suit.

in my side in don't know yet if i will paint mine.

the effect without painting is for sure really good. and it is a succes without paint, i like it :)

but i will in practice to do the most possible like the original suit.

i also like the Nol armor with painting.

it is a different approach.

i'm ok to say that paint is not neccessary for have a nice suit ;)

"paint or no paint, this is the question" ^_^

i already know this Rolf, but i was thinking that Juan will paint his suit.

in my side in don't know yet if i will paint mine.

the effect without painting is for sure really good. and it is a succes without paint, i like it :)

but i will in practice to do the most possible like the original suit.

i also like the Nol armor with painting.

it is a different approach.

i'm ok to say that paint is not neccessary for have a nice suit ;)

"paint or no paint, this is the question" ^_^

Ha ha i know, you and Juan know my armor :) .

But i was just make a post, so others could see it whit out the paint job on.

So we all could here what people think of it, Paint :duimomlaag::duim:

Cheers :D

HEHE... to paint or not to paint!!

Well, I decided not to paint it for 3 reasons:

1. The paint available in Mexico is not even near as shiny as the ones available in other countries.

2. I had problems matching the white of the helmet with the rest of the armor in the past

3. I will use this armor for trooping and don't want to have to deal with paint cracks and all that.

Anyway, I plan to build a replica bucket (maybe armor) sometime in the future. And that I will paint and finish like the originals. Primer, color, paint and cracks...

Thx Kenthork and Rolf for your comments and interest!

I hope I will finish my hole bucket soon and start weathering asap.

By the way: Does anyone has a picture of the inside of the original buckets that shows how the green acetate was mounted for the lenses?

THX a lot.

Saludos.

HEHE... to paint or not to paint!!

Well, I decided not to paint it for 3 reasons:

1. The paint available in Mexico is not even near as shiny as the ones available in other countries.

2. I had problems matching the white of the helmet with the rest of the armor in the past

3. I will use this armor for trooping and don't want to have to deal with paint cracks and all that.

it is 3 good reasons!

in my side i'm again in reflection for this, but not again the time, because many thing to do before.

i'm envy you since you have began to build your armor.

i'm happy to see that you are near the end.

can't wait to see the new complete Juan armor B);)

Finally... Almost 3 months since it arrived till today, the day I can finally wear my complete new TE2 TD armor...

The helmet is 90% finished, still need to fix the green acetate material and to add the chin strap and the star foam. But other than that, it "looks" complete.

Next step would be weathering the whole thing.

Here are some pictures of the bucket...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And this is the whole armor....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Three of my TD buckets:

1 claimed to be a cough cough "recast" cough cough of a RT-Mod.

1 TE2 assembled by Mike A and finished by me

1 TE2 this one assembled and finished by me :)

Posted Image

And some Imperial Greetings! ;)

Posted Image

So, what do you think?

• 2 weeks later...

Flawless Juan, perfect!

Maybe lower your biceps, for pictures next time.

Congrats bro, you made it A+ :)

THX a lot bro!! :D

And I will lower my biceps next time for sure!

And Rolf, thx a lot for all your help and inspiring work!

nice work Juan, it's a pleasure to see you in your new suit!! and the helmet is really a succes!!

i'm ok with Rolf about the biceps part.

now........ weathering ;):td:

THX a lot bro! It was a lot of work but was worth the trouble...

And now.... weathering!!

Saludos...