is Mushroom cap really screwed or riveted?

kenthork

i wonder is Mushroom cap really screwed or riveted because in these time i doing my new pack and i look every accurate pictures pack.

it seems to have no fixation like screw or rivet, because i can't see something on the top of the mushroom cap.

what do you think about it? maybe it better to see this on another pictures... I've studied but no succes for me.

the three exemples : first accurate move along, second mike pack and third rolf last pack.

i don't find movie pictures with a true precision.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

while i´m convinced there is a small dimple on the top of the mushroom cap you´re right that there isn´t a 100% clear picture showing it.

i was looking into that specific detail for a longer time when i build my backpack.

nonetheless i´m still convinced there is a dimple on top of the mushroom caps...

i think nothing is on, i'm a bit ok to say it seem to have a really small dimple on top, but not noticeable on all packs. perhaps it the mushroom plastic mold (original form), and not a screw?

one might even say that there is a slight indentation of circular form (like a puck)

look at the best side of view a could find for these on all packs pictures, perhaps someone have better pics?...

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

• 2 weeks later...

Got this

Posted Imagebut I think its from the same angle as yours

My guess they cut off the cup/bowl 'leg',and or same like you,it is a flat screw connecting the cup and the bottle

Below are the best 'bird eye view' pic that i had(thanks Rolf :) ),wish we can grab the hi-res so we can zoom it in :(Posted Image

I could be way off the mark here as back packs are not my specialty but the mushroom cap looks to me like a rubber toilet plunger. If it is then it could be simply pushed onto the bottle or maybe glued?

Have these caps be positively identified?

Like I said, I'm no back pack expert so don't shoot me :D

the mushroom cap looks to me like a rubber toilet plunger.

yes it's right, it is a real possibility!

in few times like many td i thought it was a tupperware ice cup (i used it in my first pack) but it is now sure it is not this.

did someone know about these mistery backpack piece?

I could be way off the mark here as back packs are not my specialty but the mushroom cap looks to me like a rubber toilet plunger. If it is then it could be simply pushed onto the bottle or maybe glued?

Have these caps be positively identified?

Like I said, I'm no back pack expert so don't shoot me :D

LOL! But Paul,thats actually quite plausible!!

Posted Image

The older toilet plunger might be quite as simple as this one Posted Image,pull the stick out and then connected(covering the hole) with the bottle with

Posted Image

:0Lighten:Posted Image:0Lighten: