Mounting the Sniper Plate

Daetrin

What's the consensus on the optimal way to mount the sniper plate? I was thinking of riveting it, but then you'll see the rivet. Is it a good idea to try to cement or hot glue it, or is it best to just velcro it on?

Just finished cutting my templates and getting ready to remove my old riveted-on knee plate. Since it was riveted at the sides, that will leave the holes visible when I attach the new one. Is it best to put some rivets back in just to cover them up or leave as is?

Just finished cutting my templates and getting ready to remove my old riveted-on knee plate. Since it was riveted at the sides, that will leave the holes visible when I attach the new one. Is it best to put some rivets back in just to cover them up or leave as is?

That's the only downside is the holes that remain from the standard TK kneeplate. You could leave some white rivets in place like you said, or get some kind of filler like wall patching plaster (which is usually white) and fill the holes. Even though the stuff is soft, it shouldn't matter since that area on the side of the knee shouldn't have anything poking into it. If the color doesn't match exactly, dirty it up around the knees like a real Sandtrooper should! Or....you could just leave the holes and nobody except you will ever notice.