MP44 hip pouch..alternative or real deal?

Hey there gang,

As Rocko already mentioned in a previous topic:

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=5504

The newly discovered pouch seems to be a STG44/ MP44 hip pouch, but I can't seem to find the leather straps in the HD shots made of the scene...so I decided to look a bit further on this one ad I found this..

A picture of the pouch can be seen here:

http://www.zib-militaria.de/epages/6143141...ductDetailImage

Additional info over here:

http://www.zib-militaria.de/epages/6143141...ts/209-4%5B3%5D

This looks more like it for me but I need some kind of confirmation...Again, I am not sure about this one either but it surely has the right size and shape and explains why it is so dangling on the trooper's waist..

Let me know what you guys think and make out of this..

Good work bro.

Maybe this is it.

The first ones found was too banana ))) or ((( a like in the mag rooms.

And the ANH alley door search sandtrooper pouch, looks more lll straight a like.

But its hard to say...

The first ones found got close straps on, maybe the ANH one don´t have the straps.

Just like the one, you have found for us.

Plus yours, got the right straight lines for the mags too.

Its a **** shame we only see it once, and very dark and quick.

Cheers :)

Posted Image

I know exactly what you mean bro'..it is really hard to see what the exact shape of the pouch is and if it has gotten the long leather flaps like the MG44/ MP40.

If someone could blow that HD pic up to proportions in which we can see the pouch clearly that would surely help a lot...

But for now I am sticking with this one..the MG44 is too curved for me.

I know exactly what you mean bro'..it is really hard to see what the exact shape of the pouch is and if it has gotten the long leather flaps like the MG44/ MP40.

If someone could blow that HD pic up to proportions in which we can see the pouch clearly that would surely help a lot...

But for now I am sticking with this one..the MG44 is too curved for me.

Roger that bro.

I just try to blow up, one of BraksBbuddy big ref TD pic from he´s site of the pouch.

But it was a no go.

The picture are not sharp, and light enough...

Hope we find a clear shot asap.

Cheers :)

I have tried that too but no success also bro'..let's just hope that someone can come up with a better picture of it so we can see if we nailed it this time B)

Roger that big time bro ;)

RoCKo... Roger... what´s up, guys? :rolleyes:

i also looked at this specific pouch over and over and i´m still unsure if we even found the right 3pocket pouch.

i´m still not 100% convinced that the pouch in the door scene is a Stg44 pouch.

i looked on various reenactment and ww2 related websites but there seem to be houndreds of 3pocket style pouches from that timeline.

hard to tell from the little reference we got.

i looked through all behind the scene reference i got but no picture shows the hip pouches clear enough.

RoCKo... Roger... what´s up, guys? :rolleyes:

i also looked at this specific pouch over and over and i´m still unsure if we even found the right 3pocket pouch.

i´m still not 100% convinced that the pouch in the door scene is a Stg44 pouch.

i looked on various reenactment and ww2 related websites but there seem to be houndreds of 3pocket style pouches from that timeline.

hard to tell from the little reference we got.

i looked through all behind the scene reference i got but no picture shows the hip pouches clear enough.

Ha ha good one RoCko (RoCko´s name is roger :D )

Cool you take your time, to go through all the pouches from there.

Hope you find it for us asap.

But as you say, we don´t have much to work whit.

The pictures we have of it, looks like a black box whit 3 metal dots... not much to go after there <_< .

Cheers Roger :D

Well I do WWII reenacting as German and I have worn MP44 pouches. The one in question here just looks too small and not the right shape for a MP44 pouch, but I agree as stated already, the reference frames do not show enough detail to be able to make a definitive judgment. We need a better pic.