Goodbye dreadlocks.

Just wanted to share with you that yesterday I had my dreadlocks cut off. I asked my grandma to cut them cause since she didnt liked them I thought it would be cool for her and I didn't mind. hehehe.

It had been 5 years with them and 7+ years without a haircut, so, it was time. I do feel weird but Its good to feel the wind in my head again. LOL!

One of the main pros of this, is that I can finally wear my bucket! (not the main reason for cutting them anyway).

So, here are some picts:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is my Grandma...

Posted Image

Now my bucket fits!

Posted Image

Saludos...

A momentous day, sad yet happy, a new start, congratulations!

I cut mine off years ago now, I can remember each dread and where it was, my favorites and the history of them as they grew and combined. It's like a phantom limb, just thinking about them makes my head tingle. I think I still might have mine stashed away somewhere, I'll use them to scare my daughter with when she's older, yuck! :lol:

Ha ha much better.

Gotta keep it short imperial army a like bro :lol: .

I can´t wait to hear, what the girls say to it :D

Yes sir! Imperial style sir!! ;)

Well, most people who had seen me are in shock. Must say that women specially. hehe... Some have said that they like it like this better, some liked the dreads better. As always, who can understand women? LOL

My girlfriend was very mmm, I dont know how to explain... nervous I guess. Cause she only knew me with dreads. But know she is happy aswell.

I do miss my dreads, but Im glad this day came. Dreadlocks had a reason for me, and now it seems that me and them have fulfilled and overpassed that reason. So its time for me to "move along".

:D

A momentous day, sad yet happy, a new start, congratulations!

I cut mine off years ago now, I can remember each dread and where it was, my favorites and the history of them as they grew and combined. It's like a phantom limb, just thinking about them makes my head tingle. I think I still might have mine stashed away somewhere, I'll use them to scare my daughter with when she's older, yuck! :lol:

I know exactly what you mean. Watching each dread grow and all... and knowing them and where and when where they made, and for some of the dreads knowing who made them. Each dread had a meaning, most of them anyway, so for me its kindof growing stronger and wiser. Im kindof still in shock. But happy.

:D

THX

Here is another pic of before...

Posted Image

Saludos...

wow it probably had to be a difficult moment, because 7 years with dreads is a long time.

the positive point is that now you are ok to wear helmet more easily :D

it remember the same situation when i had also must cut off my hair for exams and find job (pic of these time), But it is old and my hair again grew, but not so long as before ;)

Posted Image

I must say you looked cool with your dreads bro'.

But your new snappy short haircut suits you well too...

Maybe you can sell your old dreads to some mando's as being wookie scalps.. :lol:

Looks good! Your new haircut reminds me of that picture where all the sandtroopers have their helmets off infront of a dewback! So now you are even more screen accurate (although you dont actually see the haircuts in the movie) =)

:td::salute::duim:

LOL!

THX bro!

OMG!!!! :o

Yousa so handsome bro! ;)

T :salute:

HEHE!

THX bro... need to get used to my new look.

I like it.

Maybe you can try a 'fro now - that's semi canon.

I would definitely like to do it, at least for a picture on armor! Would be cool...

wow it probably had to be a difficult moment, because 7 years with dreads is a long time.

the positive point is that now you are ok to wear helmet more easily :D

it remember the same situation when i had also must cut off my hair for exams and find job (pic of these time), But it is old and my hair again grew, but not so long as before ;)

Posted Image

Yes, it was not easy, and the moment when I cut the last one was hard.

I did the same thing when for my university graduation. Not dreads but long hair was cut off for the ceremony and job searching.

You know how it is!

I must say you looked cool with your dreads bro'.

But your new snappy short haircut suits you well too...

Maybe you can sell your old dreads to some mando's as being wookie scalps.. :lol:

Yes! I wanted some messed hair look after my dreads, so it works for me. I like it.

LOL! Actually, a good friend of mine is building an ESB Boba Fett and he already asked me for a few dreads.

Cool!

Looks good! Your new haircut reminds me of that picture where all the sandtroopers have their helmets off infront of a dewback! So now you are even more screen accurate (although you dont actually see the haircuts in the movie) =)

Yes... screen accurate is my goal! LOL!!

Thx bro!

man, i loved those dreads, reminded me of my youth days...

sure your new hairstyle look great too!

I loved and still love my dreads, it was just that time, you know... But still, I do like my new hairstyle...

Thx a lot Bro.

Muchas gracias por sus comentarios!

Saludos...

[ Posted Image

This is my Grandma...

Posted Image

Dude!!!! u cut your Wookie braides!!!!!!!....... U can sell them as Wookie Braids!!!!!!

That is so cool i bet your GarndMa was so happy!!!!! Muy buenas onda!!!!!

wow what a diffrence!!!!

But you look good and I bet your head feels about 5 pounds lighter.!!!LOL!!!

Do you have an organization there called Locks OF Love?

they take peoples hair that is a certain length and make wigs out of it for those who have lost thier hair from chemotherapy from cancer.....

ShortTrooper (Diana)

• 2 weeks later...

Nice job Grandma! Hee hee! You look great bro! :)

THX bro... My grandma was very happy cutting them down! She never liked them so it was a cool thing for her...

I think most of us are still wondering how you fit all those dreds in your bucket..... :huh:

Well... lots of trouble to put those inside the bucket. And lots of heat and almost no air at all...

Now, my helmet is "so big" for my head! LOL...

THX bro.

Dude!!!! u cut your Wookie braides!!!!!!!....... U can sell them as Wookie Braids!!!!!!

That is so cool i bet your GarndMa was so happy!!!!! Muy buenas onda!!!!!

Actually, a guy at mexican garrison already ask for a couple of them to wear with his boba fett armor...

And yes, grandma was way happy!

Muchas gracias hermano!

wow what a diffrence!!!!

But you look good and I bet your head feels about 5 pounds lighter.!!!LOL!!!

Do you have an organization there called Locks OF Love?

they take peoples hair that is a certain length and make wigs out of it for those who have lost thier hair from chemotherapy from cancer.....

ShortTrooper (Diana)

THX a lot Diana... it feels lighter for sure, and more comfortable...

We do not have that kind of organizations over here, and I dont think that they would take my hair anyway. Its messy and not very pleasant to wear, touch, feel by other than me... Even now it feels really weird for me to touch or hold the dreads.

Wish it could have served that cause...

Thx for all your comments!

Saludos...

• 2 weeks later...