Opinions needed.

Im building a new TD bucket. This is an original sculpt as long as I know (or can maybe someone spot it as a copy?)

It is vacformed in 5 parts (face, dome, back, 2 ears) in a soft kind of esthirene. I know it is not accurate but wanted to use it as practice before getting to build a more accurate more expensive helmet (I hopping to get a new TE2 armor soon).

I am building this bucket inspired in the Move Along helmet. So, I already trimmed it and put it toguether almost halfway. But before going too far, I want to ask for your opinion in how does it looks regarding eye, teeths and overall trimming, shape and well, whatever you think I should do to improve it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thx for your help...

Saludos.

Personally, I'd trim the teeth out a bit more. Wider gaps. But then again, the pull looks really shallow there...

I'm having serious doubts as to that being an original sculpt. The whole point of making original sculpts (well, one of the main points anyway) is that the resulting parts are sharp and crisp in appearance. Mine could be an example of that: http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=5568

I can't say for sure of course, but it does look to me like a really bad recast. It looks as if it was actually formed over an assembled helmet - you can still see the shape of the dome overlapping the top of the faceplate. This also explains the 5 piece construction...

Well, no worries. Through proper painting and detailing you can make it look spectacular. Just be careful with trimming, since it's so smoothed out and shallow. What looks good from one angle may suddenly look bad from another, especially the teeth. I'd leave the eyes as they are and very carefully work around the teeth a bit more... not too much though. It'll be the painting stage that'll make this baby shine :)

Personally, I'd trim the teeth out a bit more. Wider gaps. But then again, the pull looks really shallow there...

I'm having serious doubts as to that being an original sculpt. The whole point of making original sculpts (well, one of the main points anyway) is that the resulting parts are sharp and crisp in appearance. Mine could be an example of that: http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=5568

I can't say for sure of course, but it does look to me like a really bad recast. It looks as if it was actually formed over an assembled helmet - you can still see the shape of the dome overlapping the top of the faceplate. This also explains the 5 piece construction...

Well, no worries. Through proper painting and detailing you can make it look spectacular. Just be careful with trimming, since it's so smoothed out and shallow. What looks good from one angle may suddenly look bad from another, especially the teeth. I'd leave the eyes as they are and very carefully work around the teeth a bit more... not too much though. It'll be the painting stage that'll make this baby shine :)

Thanks for your comments bro.

Just yesterday I learned that indeed this is a recast. Some guy lent some other guy an ANH helmet that he got form internet and then recasted it. Since it is not that accurate and recognizable, the guy that sold it to me said that it was an original sculpt. I was not very expensive anyway, and I dont intend to keep it for myself or as the center of my collection, so I dont mind. I am taking this as practice for putting toguether a TE2 sometime soon hopefully.

Anyway, I own a TE2 an FX and now this one, and this is the smaller of them 3. So, I dont really have a clue of what helmet was used to recast this.

I agree with the teeth gaps needing to bi a bit bigger and will work on it. But also thing that the eyes might need to be trimmed in sharper angle in the upper far right (helmet's right) corner. Any thought?

Dziękuję bro!

Thanks for your advice!

wait, aren't FX's 5pc. construction? all the ones ive ever either sold or put together were 5.

Well, my first bucket was an FX and it came in 7 pieces: dome, face, back, 2 ears, 2 earcaps

This is not an FX, but was pulled in a very similar way for sure. Its kindof good enough, but certainly not the best bucket out there.

Thanks a lot bro.

Saludos

So I followed the advice and trimmed a bit more the gaps between the teeth on the frown, and followed my own heart and trimmed just a bit the corners of the eyes to make them sharper...

The results are these (after paintjob)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

What do you think?

Thx for your help and advice.

Saludos

I painted the bucket and now started with the detailing. I am painting them with testors enamels, so, eventhough it is a recast and its not the best bucket out there, Im hoping for it to come out good enough...

Here are a few pictures...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

What do you think?

Saludos...

So I re trimmed the eyes, and finished the hand painted details, and used Mikes decals for the ble stripes...

I dont know, I am not 100% happy with this. I guess it has more to do with the shape of the helmet rather than with the assembling and detailing, but still... Im just too used to look at hyper cool helmets over here and this one just is not there.

Anyway, Im still working on it. So far used the correct colors, techniques, parts, and everything I know... so it doesnt look bad at all. Its just not screen accurate. Thats it.

So, what do you think??

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thx for your help.

Saludos.

• 1 month later...

I'm almost done here...

Got hovi's from stomper and already add them to the bucket. Also placed the star foam on the inside and finished the overall detailing.

Posted Image

I am still not 100% happy with it. I guess that would be 'cause of the sculpt/copy/pull.

So far I have used every single tip I have learned over here. I think I trimmed it fairly good, put it together the way its supposed to, used the right colors and materials and well... pretty much worked on it as if it was the real thing.

I am not very happy with the bucket, but I am quiet happy with the result and the practice. And at the end, it does not looks that bad.

Or what do you think?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Still missing are the chin strap and the weathering.

Could be a good collectible or even fit for trooping.

Thanks for any help.

Saludos.