2009 MEPD Buttercup Valley Trip

TD-443

Lets get this trip planned out. I'll tell you my suggestions and we can from there.

Weekend/Weekday: I would prefer a weekday (esp. Monday & Tuesday), for a couple reasons:

1. ALOT less crowded

2. BLM doesnt check for passes usually on weekdays. Not saying you shouldn't buy the $25 per vehicle pass.... just letting you know that they dont usually check on weekdays B)

3. ALOT easier for me to take a day off. But if it is easier for the majority to take off a weekend then thats what we'll do.

Time: We could figure out a good meeting point, but I would like to be at Buttercup no later then 6/6:30am. One, because its hot as **** there and two it makes for way better pictures with the sun just rising.

What you will need:

1. A way to get there. I'll will most likely be bringing my daughter and my girlfriend. I wont have any room for carpooling. She can use my SLR and get pics of us first thing in the morning.

2. Transportation to Barge site. Its about a mile and a half. Ive never walked it but it can be done easily. You dont really have to hike over any major dunes. Actually you'll do more of that in armor where we take pics. I will have my quad, but I cant ride doubles because the person sitting in front will burn the **** out of there legs from my pipes. 4x4 trucks can do it. I'll have my gps with the cordinates so I'll get us in and out the easiest way possible.

3. LOTS OF WATER, food, a backpack for your loot, sunscreen. Helmet and flag if your going the UTV/ATV/Truck route.

Let me know what you guys think.

INTEREST LIST:

TD-443

SLAVE1PILOT

TD-4455

DW DESIGN + GUESTS

LUFO1138

steve12201 + GUEST

I am off work for the first week of July

I'm frre that week except the 1st (I'm going to a "The Price is Right" Taping)

I think it may already be too late in the season temperature-wise

Should we plan for OCT?

I am off work for the first week of July

I'm frre that week except the 1st (I'm going to a "The Price is Right" Taping)

I think it may already be too late in the season temperature-wise

Should we plan for OCT?

July would be pretty warm. I'd still do it if you guys wanted to. October would be alot cooler though. Whatever is better for you guys. Im done for whenever. i was actually thinking about going up there in the next 2 weeks or so on a weekday to go riding... so if you guys want to pull it off quick......?

My opinion is this;

Let's wait until OCT

reasons;

1. Temps

2. Most of us have to use all of our extra Money for Comic-con

3. Allows others that aren't so close to plan ahead

4. Temps

My opinion is this;

Let's wait until OCT

reasons;

1. Temps

2. Most of us have to use all of our extra Money for Comic-con

3. Allows others that aren't so close to plan ahead

4. Temps

Sounds good to me. Im with you on the whole saving for comic con. I might be able to score a few more quads too if we make this happen in October. Plus it gives people enough time to request off a weekday. Which is also easier for me to borrow vehicles. You can sometimes rent quads there but its hella expensive and there not always there.

How does Tuesday, October 13th sound?

Who has trucks?

I might have a flat trailer by then, so I could probably carry an extra quad or two.

My goal would try to get everyone something to ride to the location.

If I do some smooching I can probably borrow 2 quads and possibly a 4x4 Polaris Ranger that sits 4.

I would love to take part in this. I will take time off from work and drive down, just let me know the date.

I will also probably bring some friends from the CCG.

Thanks, Darren

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in Los Angeles and interested in this trip. October sounds good to me. I do not have an off road vehicle of any kind, though.

Don't worry about it. I'll get everyone to the site that doesnt have a capable vehicle.

With this far in advance anyone have any problems with Tuesday October 13th?

I'm game and can probably get some Dune Sea Garrison folks there as well.

We did a photo shoot there in 2007...thats where my banner came from. More shots can be seen on my facebook page....just look for Stephen Lentz or chevelle.ss to find me.

We even took an R2 unit on the shoot....the sand was murder on the motors.

Mesa Steve

• 1 month later...