Con-Comics 2009 Guadalajara Mexico

iconoclasta_88

This last weekend, the Mexican Garrison trooped in a Comic convention in the city of Guadalajara (homeland of Tequila). This was a very special moment since the boss himself, Darth Vader attended the event.

Over 25 Mexican Legion members were there to present Dave Prowse with a recognition and to make him our garrison's first Honorary Member and also now our Honorary Leader. Dave Prowse the signed our banner and wore the Mexican Garrison Tshirt during the whole event. Even going for dinner with the Garrison members after the event.

This was a great moment for all of the troopers who were there and a moment of joy and pride for our whole garrison.

Unfortunetly, I was not able to attend the event, but here are some pictures of some brothers from the garrison.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is the gift given to Mr Prowse:

Posted Image

And this is his Id Card making him a member of our garrison:

Posted Image

Saludos

Great pictures.

Last year I ran into members of the 501st Mayan Squad while visiting Cancun and you could not ask for a nicer more friendly group of guys.

Awesome to see Darth himself hang out with you guys

Rock on brother! Muy chingon! :D

Yep, the guys on the mayan Squad are great. They told me they had met you back then. Even said they would send you some pictures of you and them... If they didn't and you want them, I can tell them if you want.

Here are a couple more pictures.

Dave Prowse receiving receiving the gift.

Posted Image

And after the cinvention, having some Mexican food with the Garrison.

Posted Image

Saludos!

PS... Sí! Super chingón!!

kind of curious.... never really asked.

1. where did you get a red head in Mexico do play mara jade, doesn't really look like a wig.

2. when the actors go to other countries that dont speak English, do they ever speak the native language?

1. where did you get a red head in Mexico do play mara jade, doesn't really look like a wig.

The Mara Girl is Zusanne a Mexican Garrison Member, she does not use wig, just paint your hair..

2. when the actors go to other countries that dont speak English, do they ever speak the native language?

always among the members there someone who speaks English or at least there will be a translator of support :D

..by the way, im learning more english because we want go to Arizona (yuma) to make trooping in dunes

with you... B)

its hot in the dunes. and tech. the dunes are in California. smile.gif

come to PHX we have fun times!!!

:salute: thank you, sounds good! This will keep in mind :D

Hey Icono, y no quiso Tequila Mr. Prowse?

:lol:

Hey Bro,

No estoy seguro si tomo o no, pero espero que no le haya hecho el feo. JEJE. Creo que fue a una empresa tequilera y le regalaron unas botellas, asi que, seguro si.

... Yo no pude ir a guadalajara, solo doy parte del evento porque se me hizo importante lo del miembro honorario...

Saludos!!

Tanslation (kindof)

I dont really know if Mr. Prowse drank any tequila while in Mexico. ut I know he visited a Tequila Factory, so he probably did. Would be a shame if he didnt... Guadalajara is the capital of Tequila.

Unfortunately I did not attended this event, but wanted to share that we had our first honorary member in the garrison, and is now our honorary leader too.

Saludos...

• 7 months later...

glad it went so well bro, dave prowse is one of the nicest guys you could ever wish to meet!! a true gent!

he made my sons day at my induction troop last september,spent a lot of time with him, and told him to visit him at his signing stand,where i got some great photos of my boy with his hero!!!!! again what a top guy!!!!! :)