Retiring the old TD...

Well just before MotorCity I was getting my TD armor ready and noticed that on the inside of many pieces it is spider webbing. The armor is starting to give out. My TD armor is V1 AFX armor that I have had for many, many years. I figured if I troop in it much longer it will start cracking through and fall apart. :(

Has anyone else had this problem with old or worn out armor?

I do believe my TD will be put on a mannequin and displayed in my museum. I hate to retire it, it has seen many excellent troops over the years.

So I have decided that I am going to retire my current TD armor and I am going to purchase the new updated V3 AFX Armor that is in the works. Being a big fan of AFX armor I have given my supplier much business over the years. I like the changes that are coming to the armor sets.

Here is what is listed for the TD armor (copy and paste from part of an e-mail that I had received).

The authentic AFX suits - we're changing many of the pieces. We're narrowing the shoulder bells, making new calf pieces, new abdomen plates, larger more enhanced breast plate, slightly larger biceps and a new slightly smaller helmet. We've already changed out our dome and the current helmet looks really nice. We're also adding two more styles of hand plates.

- replacement diamond knee plate.

We hope to have the diamond knee plates soon!!

- replacement ab piece.

Oh yes, we've got the new ab plate being made with touch plate for desert troopers! Its a bit larger to fit fans better with exrtemely deep sides which allow trimming to fill in any gaps. New back plate and butt plate too!

- shoulder pauldron (colors?)

We have orange, white, black, red, gray, blue, pink, FTO white, FTO orange, FTO gray! FTO = Field Training Officer

- shoulder pouch for the left side.

yes

- belt pouch for the right side.

Got those too!

So it looks like with the changes being made to the armor the new version of AFX armor is going to be really good. Hopefully the price will remain about the same.

I guess now I need to start planning on how I want my new TD to look. Still going to use the Special Edition Trooper backpack. Going to rebuild one and make it better.

I guess this time around I may even go with a BFG instead of being a beast rider. But what color shoulder pauldron do I want? Not orange so either black or white.

Well I now have my late summer / winter project.

Sounds good! How long till the new version is ready??

I was told they are working really ******* it right now. They said to check back at the end of June / July and hopefully all the new molds and upgrades will be ready. I am hoping by the end of summer.

This time around I am going to do my TD up right. Start at the beginning and work on it really hard to have a kick-@ss outfit.

• 2 weeks later...

im going to do the exact same thing, I've been waiting on the v3 stuff and following his progress for a while. While it still may not be perfect, it will be a step in the right direction + the quality we've gotten used to with FX kits...

my old fx is a v1 also and it has seen its share of troops and room parties! :D IF you could see the inside of mine where i've patched and repaired it... i feel like a welfare trooper sometimes with it ... LOL

I'm hoping someone will have one built by DC, so we can all look at it up close...I'f i can receive it in August, I'll be sporting one for sure..