MH/SB/Charlie back pack build.

Rolf

That's indeed one of the pictures i was talking about iconoclasta...thanks m8 :) ! It can be the sunshine also :unsure: !?

I'm not saying it's indeed grey..it looks grey to me...so it's more a wanna know question :mellow: !!

As the same for the move along ammo pouche. To me it looks like the green canvas WW II ammo pouche.

The sunlight turns up a green colour as far i can see !?

Posted Image

Grtz RAY

I agree with you that the shoulder pouch is indeed the original green color. I am looking at my ref now in regard to the two tone color of the radio.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you that the shoulder pouch is indeed the original green color. I am looking at my ref now in regard to the two tone color of the radio.

Take it SciFi are going to do another of the pouches but in green then ;)

Take it SciFi are going to do another of the pouches but in green then ;)

Not planning on it as these are fairly readily available via millitary reproductions. This isn't a leather pouch, but a canvas pouch. I haven't found the perfect pouch yet, but I believe it is out there.

T-RAY, been looking at the reference of the radio boxes from the movie and I feel fairly confident the entire radio is a single color... black. However, depending on the way the light falls, the back and the face do sometimes look different. I am not sure if this is because the material is different (I don't know if the leather wrap is still on the radio or not) that the light is being reflected differently, or if it is a matter of it simply being how the light is falling on the different planes... Either way, it still looks to me like the whole radio is black. While I wouldn't consider it definitive, even John Mollo mentions that they sprayed the whole pack black (which we know isn't entirely true due to the blue parts, but you get my point.) Might be interesting to paint the back a different shade of black than the face, but overall, these pieces were made very very quickly and very last minute so I think it is all just plain black. Just my thoughts.

Here is a few radios, there looks black to me.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Time to a vote...

Should i leave the radio as it is, or paint it black.

Cheers :)

Haha... just wait until you see some of the new stuff I am working on with trooper ID... It is very interesting, at least to me, to see who is who and who is wearing what armor in what scene. Interestingly, Mr Move Along changes armor during the roadblock scene!!!

I can´t wait to see more asap.

I check your site yesterday, and i could see you are working on something new.

Cheers buddy :)

Small update.

Most of the paint job is done.

Here you go :)

(all hand painted humbrol... PPhhewww it too over 2 hours)

Posted Image

A pic of the home made frame, i will cut the curves and add them to the frame asap.

(i will cut them off, so they are in the same thickness, as the pvc pipe.

So you can see i have add the curves on... i hope :D )

Posted Image

it's really good work!!

Impatient to see it finish :)

for me the radio is black, no doubt.

so i don't think the ANH prop maker would have left it of origin (with all the writing) and just an asian radio in back!!

It is just my idea ;)

good continuation for your pack.

T-RAY, been looking at the reference of the radio boxes from the movie and I feel fairly confident the entire radio is a single color... black. However, depending on the way the light falls, the back and the face do sometimes look different. I am not sure if this is because the material is different (I don't know if the leather wrap is still on the radio or not) that the light is being reflected differently, or if it is a matter of it simply being how the light is falling on the different planes... Either way, it still looks to me like the whole radio is black. While I wouldn't consider it definitive, even John Mollo mentions that they sprayed the whole pack black (which we know isn't entirely true due to the blue parts, but you get my point.) Might be interesting to paint the back a different shade of black than the face, but overall, these pieces were made very very quickly and very last minute so I think it is all just plain black. Just my thoughts.

Thanks alot m8. Indeed it's a difficult thing about the radio ! When looking at some pics you would almost say the faceplate have a grey tone. But that can also be the sunlight :unsure: ?! I'm almost sure about one thing and that's the radio's in ANH have no letters on the faceplate ! Do you advise me to spray the whole radio black ?!

Indeed the ammo pouche was also a big puzzle to me..but when looking more and more to the picture you can clearly see the sun lighting up a green colour and it's canvas for sure !! Do you think that it's the german green WWII canvas ammo pouche ?!

Many thanks for your research and info !

Grtz RAY

Thanks alot m8. Indeed it's a difficult thing about the radio ! When looking at some pics you would almost say the faceplate have a grey tone. But that can also be the sunlight :unsure: ?! I'm almost sure about one thing and that's the radio's in ANH have no letters on the faceplate ! Do you advise me to spray the whole radio black ?!

As much as it will make Mike cry, yes, in my opinion the radio needs to be black.

Indeed the ammo pouche was also a big puzzle to me..but when looking more and more to the picture you can clearly see the sun lighting up a green colour and it's canvas for sure !! Do you think that it's the german green WWII canvas ammo pouche ?!

Yes, I believe it is just a German MP40 triple pouch. The one thing I don't know is if they made any modifications or if this is an original pouch or a reproduction. By the 1970s there were quite a few reproductions. I have yet to find one I am perfectly happy with but most of the replicas are ok. You can see more of my thoughts on this in the following thread: In search of the perfect canvas shoulder pouch

:lol: That's why the first run of radios was limited, to work out these kinds of things. Going forward, to make things simple, screen accurate and reduce costs, I'm just going to paint them flat black with krylon fusion, and include decals for a small charge if they're wanted seperately.

Thanks for your replys bro´s :) .

I guess my radio will have a meeting, whit my black gloss 21 later today then.

I think Im going to cry...

But, its all part of the search for the perfect TD I guess...

I do think now the radios are all black... I think there is more than enough evidence. Till we find something that might prove this wrong I guess... (or proves it is 100% accurate).

Thx

Saludos...

Stay on target... all most there... stay on target :luke3::D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I will try to add the parts on tonight.

Then i only need to:

1. Add the under frame bow/bar.

2. Weathering.

I will weathering the pack, because the sandtrooper packs do not special fit together whit the weathering on the each sandtrooper.

Pack, helmet, pauldron, pouches are all most clean, and the body armors are mixed around to different troopers in ANH here and there.

Hope to wear it in about 2 days from now.

Stay on target... all most there... stay on target :luke3::D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I will try to add the parts on tonight.

Then i only need to:

1. Add the under frame bow/bar.

2. Weathering.

I will weathering the pack, because the sandtrooper packs do not special fit together whit the weathering on the each sandtrooper.

Pack, helmet, pauldron, pouches are all most clean, and the body armors are mixed around to different troopers in ANH here and there.

Hope to wear it in about 2 days from now.

And he´s done...

Sorry for the bad picture, i will try to take some new ones asap.

Thanks for stopping by.

Posted Image

****......GREAT WORK AGAIN BRO :blink: !!

But i'm still in a doubt what to do with my radio :blink::( ?!!

Please gimme all advise. Cause on the other hand it feels bad to paint over a masterpiece !

I also really like the version it is now !! ****..the boobytrap of making a choice :angry: !

If we only could get a clear close up of the radio from our TD's in ANH <_< !!

Grtz RAY

That's yet again a mad nice looking pack you've made there bro'.

I really like the small ribs on the shells, like Art pointed out in the other thread.

Great work. :)

• 2 weeks later...