my progress.......so far

xeroroskk

(see topic: story of a newbie and a studio pack, for past comments)

i just finished constructing the radiobox, it went without any problems and it looks really cool, i also put afew more cords and hoses on it,and the only things i have to do now is get the sidetube on, and then sandify/weather it.

im also thinking to put an antennae kit on it, and have a modded helmet (sci-fire.coms commando 'scout' style helmet) for a sort of 'ARC desert sandtrooper' style of suit

i thought about puting a veggi-can on the plunger,but couldnt find a way to attatch it, so i went with the koolade canister instead,and bolted it with screws.(most of the pack is bolted with screws)

im not very confident in doing my own weathering job on my pack(and armor/pauldron,when i do get those) and am quite hesetant to weather it.......

• 1 year later...

ok, latest update....

im almost finished with the armor, and now all i need are boots(or just white leather shoe dye from someone who isnt going to SCAM me for money), the only thing im nervous about is rigging the thigh peices into a sort of garter-belt sort of setup.

I've pretty much restarted on my pack, this time with more intricate plans: blinky LED's, and even Music Speakers!!

my (new) pack is a fusion of a studio pack and several other pack-building methods, but it also maintains an overall screen accuracy.

I would post pix, but the image supporter disk is currently inoperative, so any pix i upload onto my computer (from my camera) would probably be reduced to worthless code.

also, my next project is likely to be a snowtrooper

• 3 weeks later...

i finished the body of my armor, assembled my helmet, took a test pic

and found out that i was alot skinnier than what i thought i was

well, trial and error, 'cept for the fact that i get to spend more money every time i end up tossing together a bad suit.

-sigh-, now to see what i can salvage; *thinks*

status of pieces, so far as i know:

chestplate/shoulders/biceps/backplate - pretty much unmodifiable once assembled, better to get raw pieces and start over with that 'zone' of the armor

helmet - (fx) abit big, but can be completed and sold, or trimmed down and extensively bondo'ed / painted etc. One of these days i might make helmets of my own using base details from photos and an FX helmet.

clampeice/buttplate/abplate - generally, it fits, but is abit wide, im thinking of trimming it down and re-adding the velcro points to it.

thighs/ shins - shins are abit short, so i don't know what to do with those, but thighs can be trimmed from the rear and bondo'ed with little effect to appearance.

belt/hand armor - those are fine, ill keep them as they are

gaunts - not that bad as they are when worn alone, but with the rest of it, they are really bad off

• 7 months later...

a rather late update, but after wearing it on Halloween 07, i made some more trimmings, peeled off the velcro (word of advice, throw away the velcro that comes with the kit, cause its total sh!t) cause all of it ended up drifting halfway off the pieces, leaving yellowed sticky streaks on the undersides (not cool)

anyway, now to get more epoxy, enough black webbing and elastic to finish it, and buy a decent sized helmet from 409, cause somehow i ended up misplacing the brow strip as well as the entire rear plate of the FX helmet (also not very cool)

back to the halloween thing, it was kinda cool when a group of hot girls came down the street, and saw me and my 3 friends, also in star wars getup (bathrobes with tabards and walmart glow-sabers), and the first thing they said, was 'hey look its a stormtrooper, wait, wheres the helmet?' ;D

so yeah, there is that

i got some black trooper-style boots at walmart, and dyed them white, tho im not sure weather or not they'll be up to MEPD standards :/

last but not least; the sandpack

aside from neding a paint touchup on the radiobox foundation and the blue lower main box, and getting the hoseboxes and the airfilter/batterybox done up, its pritty much ready to go for assembly.

sorry for the lack of pix, but i thusfar still cant find the cd that allows my computer to translate code from my camera to my computer > . <

• 3 months later...

hi again, long needed update here

after a rather recent house fire and a 2 week stint in south carolina, im still in the 70th's area, and along with some of my books and other stuff, my armor also survived the fire, altho its covered in soot, altho i also had to leave the would-be parts of my pack behind in SC, at my brother/his wifes house, and wouldnt be at all surprised if it got thrown away.

im currently staying at a friends house, and aside from clothes and other needed stuff, everything of mine is packed in boxes and stuck in an old RV out back.

when and/or if we can a place of our own (staying with family) i definitely plan to consider prop making and vaccu-stuff, among other things.

• 2 weeks later...

*curtsy-bows* ;p

hi all, the would-be trooper formerly known as Xeroroskk speaking, this is my new account, since i ended up limbo-ing my old account into an unknowingly now defunct email account <_<

but meh, i think Argosy has a nicer ring than Xeroroskk anyway ^_^

anyway, aside from some snaps, velcro and some white canvas material, and a helmet, i should be evermore closer to being 501st ready, even without the sandpack, which is fairly easily replaceable anyway.

the hardest part, i think, would be getting the helmet and messing it up right properly. :headphone:

• 2 months later...

hi, argosy here again :P

anyway, ive been working on the straps/snaps system thats going to hold my armor together, and im now replacing the pentagon kneeplate for the diamond sandy-sniper kneeplate, and ive got it from sooty black to a nice off-white, after several dozen washings, and sanding on it some more to try for a nice and even dullness.

i recently got a pair of walmart nerf clonetrooper blasters, and one im converting to a BFG (DLT-19-ish variant), or atleast trying to, with a coatrack pipe and some wood, the other im leaving stock to go in the holster, blue and orange and all.

i also carved on the buttplate some to make it kinda thong-like and allow for easier walking and perhaps even sitting, and slitted the back of my boots to make flaps that can tuck under the calf armor, tho ill probably turn them into ankle boots with canvas straps anyway.