Howdy

Tube

Greetings MEPD,

I've been on here a little while now but haven't posted anything until recently. Then I realised I should have introduced myself first. Sorry about that.

About a year and a half ago a friend of mine (who I've known for a long time) mentioned he was in the 501 on a road trip. I'd never heard of it, he was way into it, so I guess I hadn't know him that well after all! I had not thought about or seen Star Wars in over 15 years. He explained what went on and something lit up inside me. He awakened my dormant inner stormtrooper. It was in there all the time, just being repressed or something.

I was five years old when I saw ANH on the big screen. I remember three things- wanting to join that sandtrooper platoon, wanting a dewback and the appropriate saddlery, wanting one of those big monster blasters, and crying all the way home after the Death Star blew up. No wait that's four things.

My little friends were wearing their karate outfits trying to be farm-boys (I couldn't imagine why) and wearing those hair-danish things on the sides of their heads. I wanted dirty, sh*t-covered armour. And I never got it.

So I guess I am a stormtrooper fan, rather than a general SW fan. To be honest I didn't much care for the Muppets, Ewoks, latex masks or CGI things with biologically improbable (or impossible) eyes on stalks. But I never got enough of the tooled up desert grunts marching around in the dunes looking for stuff because they were told to.

So right now I have a pile of beautifully-shaped bits of ABS as high as the ceiling, and several bags of fuller's earth. I've been working on my TD AP-kit for a year and a half now. I didn't want to post anything until I had something respectable to show everyone, including the 501st adjudicators. You guys set a pretty high bar.

That's me. Glad to be here.

TC

• 2 weeks later...